1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do I up load my music?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by So Low Bass, Sep 23, 2008.

1. I do a great deal of solo electric bass playing. My compositions, about 3-5 minuted each, are original and transcripts of classical music. I am presenting a half hour lunch time solo bass recital in a local Cathedral on Halloween in downtown Buffalo.

So, my friend is coming to record my recital program tonight with a Sony portable stero digital recorder. That will be simple. Then I'll have a digital record. THEN what??

I want to post the music on talkbass for example, so my peers can evaluate, feedback and perhaps mock me. The length is 30 minutes... just a solo electric bass. I understand myspace is too limited in capacity. What's the next step. Please so slow!!! I CAN play, but know very little about teckie stuff.

2. Hi SFB-

THANKS--- WE'LL LOOK AT IT.

3. gregh

gregh

Sep 15, 2008
    I use http://www.fileden.com/ as it was recommended to me by someone on KVR. The only practical difference I know of for the free sites is that some can do 'deep linking' and some can't. What that means is that for some sites you have to download the whole file before listening and for others (eg fileden) it streams in your browser - which a lot of people prefer.
    I hope I have explained this correctly - I'm no expert.

4. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
  5. Thanks for the links. My recording went well- knocked it off in 40 minutes- and I'll have a cd to upload by this weekend. I want to post the link on the local music site in Buffalo with the hopes that a few people will actually listen and show up to the recital. The church seats about 800 people so even a 75 is sparse looking.