Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How do I use preamp only from an Edeb?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fat-bottom, Jun 12, 2001.

1. If I want to power my WT-300 with an external amp, what jack do I connect from my Eden?

2. on the effects loop, post pre-amp out. That will be the signal from the bass, though the preamp, and then you'd plug it into a seperate power amp.

3. i just read your post again, and i'm kinda shakey as to what you want to do. Is it you want to use your WT-300 as a pre-amp, and then use a seperate power amp to amplefy the signal? if so, do what i stated above. otherwise, re-phrase your question.

4. Sorry Muttluk,
    I want to use the Eden as a preamp only.
    Thanks

5. yeah, then just look for the "effects out" in the "post preamp" spot." This is the unamplified signal post eq of your head, but pre-power amp.

6. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Muttluk -

Do you think I could do the same thing with my Hartke 5000 head? It has just a regular effects send and return on the back. I would love to be able to use it as a preamp going to a Crown power amp so I have enough juice to run some SWR cabs.

7. it would matter if the eq loop is post or pre pre-amp. if its before the pre-amp, then it'd make no sense, because you'd run your bass into the input, and then out of the effectloop, basicly with you wasting rack spaces, and possibly worsening your tone with a possible bad connection. Check the schematic, that would tell you wheater the eq loop is post or pre. Marcus Miller runs the pre-amp out of his swr 350 into some power amp. Its possible with many different amps, its just wheather or not your amp has a post eq effects loop.

8. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Thanks. I have the manual around somewhere, so I will check and see if it is possible.

9. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I looked up in the manual and it says that the Effect Send is post EQ and post Compression. Cool. I am going to try running the head as a preamp, then using a Crowm Power amp and SWR Goliath Sr. I will let everyone know how it sounds after I can do it.