1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do the DG alpha omega/b7k pair with other stomp box preamps?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NMNBob, Nov 26, 2017.

1. NMNBob

NMNBob

Nov 26, 2017
    I use a Sansamp BDDI switched on (drive is set at 11oclock or about 35-40%) through a 400+ And running the XLR out to the board for my standard live clean tone, and I’m plenty happy with it. What I want to add is an alpha omega or b7k for the outstanding distortion tones they provide. My questions:

Should I run the DG pedal before the SA in series and treat it like a regular stomp box, or replace the SA with the DG as preamp/DI?
    If I am replacing the SA, is the DG AO/B7k just a DI with the switch off?

I would like to keep my signal chain as simple as possible, but I don’t want to loose the breakup I have in my “clean” tone just to get that sweet Goliath-y distortion tone that I will be using sparingly. I don’t want to run the two preamp pedals in parallel because that would require two XLR outs. The sound guy is already mic’ing the cab and getting a DI. Two DI’s is just excessive. Thanks for help.