How do the DG alpha omega/b7k pair with other stomp box preamps?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NMNBob, Nov 26, 2017.

1. NMNBob

NMNBob

Nov 26, 2017
    I use a Sansamp BDDI switched on (drive is set at 11oclock or about 35-40%) through a 400+ And running the XLR out to the board for my standard live clean tone, and I’m plenty happy with it. What I want to add is an alpha omega or b7k for the outstanding distortion tones they provide. My questions:

Should I run the DG pedal before the SA in series and treat it like a regular stomp box, or replace the SA with the DG as preamp/DI?
    If I am replacing the SA, is the DG AO/B7k just a DI with the switch off?

I would like to keep my signal chain as simple as possible, but I don’t want to loose the breakup I have in my “clean” tone just to get that sweet Goliath-y distortion tone that I will be using sparingly. I don’t want to run the two preamp pedals in parallel because that would require two XLR outs. The sound guy is already mic’ing the cab and getting a DI. Two DI’s is just excessive. Thanks for help.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021