1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

how do you bi-amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by led_head1127, Sep 3, 2008.

  1. led_head1127


    May 2, 2006
    i have two heads and two cabs, but i want to play out of both systems at the same time, is that even possible.
  2. DblG


    Apr 27, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    What kind of heads and cabs are we talking about? Does either have a built in crossover? More info = better answers.
  3. RickenBoogie


    Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Biamping is usually built in to the head, (ie: GK), but what you have is 2 rigs. Get a stereo chorus or delay pedal, and plug your bass into the pedal, and both amps off the pedal, L/R. What you'll have is "stereo" bass.
  4. +1

    For example, my Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 600 has a "Slave Out" designed specifically for the purpose your describe. I've run an instrument cable from there to my Little Mark II with great success.
  5. Peavey T-Max has Bi-amp, you run out of either Hi or low into the head and out to the cab, and through another power amp and into the cab, or into a stereo head with Hi and Lo out and into seperate cabs....

    You can control the X Over, and volume for each and make it work to fit your ear, the room and the mix.....
  6. led_head1127


    May 2, 2006
    o right haha, well i have a Goldline 500 head and a Goldline GLX 4x10 cab, then i have a Backline 600 head and a Goldline GLX 2x10 cab
  7. Are you really wanting to biamp? Biamping is high frequencies to one cabinet and low frequencies to another. Or, do you want to run all the frequencies to both cabinets?
  8. led_head1127


    May 2, 2006
    i want to run all the frequencies out of both
  9. OK - that's not really biamping. This is more of a stereo setup.
  10. Stumbo

    Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

    Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Goldline 500 has DI with level control. Run that to the Backline 600 input, give it the signal it needs and you're ready to go.
  11. led_head1127


    May 2, 2006
    sorry, i dont know my terms very well lol, so it s called stereo then cool, whatever its called i just wanna be able to do it
  12. led_head1127


    May 2, 2006
    o cool thanks dude, the reason i want to be able to do this whole thing is to do like a tim commerford type thing u know like run one amp with distortion on and run one amp thats clean to get a dual sound thats both dirty and clean
  13. ryco


    Apr 24, 2005
    It's called daisy-chaining.
  14. On boy, that'll start a fire here. Search for Tim Commerford, and you'll get a huge dose of information on the subject (plenty of which are heated).

    +1 to buying a stereo effect to split the signal
  15. OptimusPrime


    Mar 30, 2008
    I tried it for the first time today using both outputs on my new MicroPOG. It's not for me.
  16. mrkreuzschlitz


    Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
  17. You could also use an AB/Y box. There are a few different ways to do what you want.
  18. led_head1127


    May 2, 2006
    thanks u guys have all been great
  19. ihateusernames


    Jun 26, 2006
    if you have a spare instrument cable lying around you don't need to buy anything. simply plug bass into bl600 then jump from tuner out to input of second amp (or any pedals in between). done.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.