1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do you bridge a stereo power amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kevinlee, Sep 5, 2002.

  1. Kevinlee


    May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    Could someone explain to me exactly how to go about bridging a stereo power amp?

    There is no switch or button to put it in mono bridged mode.

    So do I need to build some sort of adaptor coming from the two sides and combine them to one input?

    A simple not too technical expanation on this process would be much appreciated.

  2. FretNoMore

    FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

    Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Bridging should only be done with amps specifically designed to do that. They will have instructions on how to connect the two channels by "bridging" the speaker connectors. Sometimes it's a switch, sometimes you insert metal strips between the poles.

    Don't do it with just any amp, what you at best get is that funky smell of burning electronics, and a big repair bill... :)
  3. FunkySpoo

    FunkySpoo Supporting Member

    Feb 6, 2002
    What kind of amp are you trying to bridge?

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.