How do you call France from America?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Jan 18, 2006.

1. I was just wondering what it would take to call someone in France...does it cost much? Would free nights and weekends on my cell phone still apply?
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

3. I response...must be the different time zone thing...
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Most cell phone plans do not include international minutes. You should check your plan or call your provider to see if yours includes them.

Usually a calling card specifically for the country, or at least the region (western europe in this case;)) is about the cheapest way to go.
  5. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Use Skype.
  6. Cougar207

Jun 17, 2005
    St. Charles, MO
    Ehhhh...I was hoping for a good France joke.

International calls are $3 a minute on my cell phone (Cingular). That might be a better option than using a land line depending on your plan.
  7. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    country code + phone number.
  8. Use Skype (about 3 cents a minute), or, if the person you're calling has internet access from, they get an ip phone service that's free to USA or Canadian number, that's how my family calls me (from France to Montreal).
  9. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    That's if you are using Skype at your end and calling a number. Get someone on skype at the other end and it's free.
  10. If you're calling a pretty French girl, please post a picture! :)

Mike :cool:
  11. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I was too... i'm thoroughly dissapointed.
  12. If you just convince Germany to invade them, France will call you.

How's that?
  13. I was going to call my mom on her birthday (21st), and just was wondering what kinda costs I was looking at if i called her...i found out 64 cents a minute with sprint...It was just a spur of the moment thing, as she is coming home the next day anyways, and the original plans were to call her when she got home :)
    i can post pics if you want...i guess she's not bad looking...for being a mom...
  14. Being a mom has nothing to do with looks. ;)

15. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
  16. Haha, that's what I read too at the beggining! I guess that he wants to call her on the 21st of January:)
  17. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
  18. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Nuttin wrong with bein a mom. Heck, my wife is a mom and she can still look good when she tries. Money's mom ain't bad. I need to get another pic of her to post.:hyper:
  19. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Good looks can make it easier for a woman to become a mom, IMHO.
  20. yes, my mom had me when she was one ;)
    nah her birthday is one the 21st, and she wanted to be in paris on her birthday, so she and my stepfather went!
    (no mention of me being invited...D'oh! I'd love to go to France!)