1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do you carry around your heads?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skoti89, Jan 6, 2007.

1. skoti89

skoti89

Feb 23, 2006
    Chico, Ca
    Hey, I just bought a GK 800RB head, and now I want to get some sort of a protective carrying case (not interested in racks though). It doesnt have to be ahard case, just something to absorb shock if i drop it so it doesnt go directly to the head.
    I have a gig bag for my bass that has cords and such, but I wanted to be able to put my distortion and tuner pedal, my 21ft monster cable, and patch cables and power cable.

would you guys have any ideas in mind?

2. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    Might try a "Gator" brand mini keyboard bag (a lot of guys swear by them and they are cheap) ...

I use a Samsonite luggage tote for my GK 1001RB, it acts as a complete gig bag all of my cords, mics, pedals everything it has a hard plastic lining too and hey it rolls.

:smug: ... SKB makes some nice stuff too ... pretty light weight.

3. Embryodead

Embryodead Banned

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    my 1001 goes in my backpack along with my laptop (laptop backpack to be exact so they dont rub)

4. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Don't know if you consider a soft rack bag to be a rack, but I've got my head in a Gator 2-space rack bag and like it a lot. I don't even have to unplug the power and speaker cords, and a fairly big pocket holds everything else nicely.

5. adam on bass

adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I keep mine on my neck.;)

SKB for local gigs

Anvil shock for tour gigs (too heavy for local stuff, but more durable)

6. Interceptor

Interceptor Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2005
    Madison, WI
    Gator rack bag.

I really like it, but my stuff lands in my car. If it was going into a trailer or truck, then I'd be all over ATA accepted shock reducing rack.

Rack requirements are twofold; maintaining cosmetics and reducing the need for maintenance. If equipment isn't subject to rough handling, save the weight and go for a bag. Bags also provide some handy advantages; pockets and shoulder straps.

One other little suggestion - use washers when you rack mount, they'll save the cosmetics of the equipment. It can matter at resale.

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    i use an EA gig bag. nice and plushy. either that, or the aguilar 2 space rack bag. lightweight and tough.