Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how do you carry your money?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Wallet?

57 vote(s)
    80.3%
  2. Money Clip?

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Loose?

7 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. I carry money like this, let me explain....

12 vote(s)
    16.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Wallet?
    Money Clip?
    Change purse?
    Handbag?
    some other odd way?

-I'm sick of my wallet. I hate regular bulky wallets, and the slim one I have now has no place for bills. I need ideas. (no "prison search" type plans, please.)

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I use a wallet. But I rarely carry cash. I am cash poor.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    starts in the wallet... ends up free in my pockets as i spend and get change. im lazy.

4. +1. :(

5. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I usually use a duct tape wallet in the summer and a leather trucker wallet in the winter. Some people call the trucker wallet a biker wallet. It is the wallet shown below but in plain black with black leather lacing rather than the stitching.

I like the trucker wallet because it is flat and not so bulky. Unfortunately, it looks really really stupid with shorts. Hence I do not use it in the summer.

I hate carrying coins in my pocket, so all my wallets need some sort of coin pocket.

[​IMG]

6. I use a really small wallet, about the size of a credit card (actually it might be a credit card wallet :)).

My bills I fold in half and stuff behind my drivers license.

Coins go in my pocket

I hope this helps

7. A wallet, but the second I put my check in the bank... it goes to bills. So I guess I carry change in my pocket

8. I usually carry it like I would a baby - Very carefully cuz if I drop it and the wind blows it away...there goes all my money for a year.

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I carry notes and cards in my wallet, which is very thin.

I carry coins in my left hand pocket.

When I get home on a night, the coins go into a pint glass on my desk.

When I go back out, i pull out the ones from the glass that I want (Ie; anything silver or gold, nothing copper)

10. Rav

Rav

Dec 29, 2004
    Aurora, IL
    I only carry plastic. I almost never have any cash on me. Pay with debit or credit everywhere. And the last bastion of me needing cash ( McDonlands ) now takes plastic and can also charge to my tollpass in my car:)

-Rav

11. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Get a man purse. It's all the rage these days. :p

+1. I also take all the change in my pockets and put it in a jar. It's the noise of loose change that drives me nuts.

12. suicas

suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    UK
    And a nice manbag to go with it.

13. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I use a "Toronto Trifold" from Fossil. Quite possibly the most comfortable and spacious wallet I have used. It is very thin and soft. There have been many times where I have reached to my back pocket thinking I have lost my wallet, but it is always there. There is ample amount of room for bills and cards alike.

14. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Money? What is this 'money', of which you speak?

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    OH man....I have so much of it and carry it in so many different ways. Typically though I hire a man off the street to walk behind me pushing a wheel barrow with most of my cash in it. I also have custom ties made out of 100 dollar bills (or sometimes larger denominations) and when I want to buy something I pull out a HUGE pair of silver scissors and cut off however many hundreds I need from my tie. Also I wear a big stovepipe hat and several bundles of money can usually be found under that or in the toes of my enormous, clown-like shoes.

Also I usually carry several chunks of raw gold ore...mostly a relic of the Y2K scare but you never can be too careful. Those I carry in a climber's chalk bag on my belt. I have another such bag on the other side containing PEZ dispensers because if Armegeddon hits they'll be extremely valuable and people will use them as currency.

brad cook

16. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Brad. Seek treatment. Seriously. :D

I have a little cloth pouch-thing I keep my money in, so it won't fall out of my pocket when I squat down at work. I keep all the 'money' I ever have in it. Pffftttt... money. Anyone remember money? I think I may have had it before kids.

17. suicas

suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    UK
    Mr. T would be so proud.

18. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    folded in 1/2 and placed in my right front pocket.

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    He already is, my friend.

I actually used to hire T to push the wheelbarrow but he got too expensive when Conan O'Brian started hiring him...stupid O'Brian.

brad cook

20. I have a pretty neat spring-loaded money clip that on the backside has a card-carrier for my debit & driver's licence / med card. Oh, and my TGI Friday's card...you never know when it's time for a snack. ;)

Mine looks just like this, but with a spring-loaded clip
    [​IMG]

You can find them anywhere for @ 15-25 bucks. I used to do the whole chain wallet thing.