1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do you deal with intense stress ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jun 25, 2007.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

How do you deal with intense stress ? I get pretty quite and internalize , without a doubt I have taken 10 years off of my life by doing this.There is also the smoke and drink.

2. I kill people.

3. I read some of De La Mocha and Amazing Grace Player's threads to make me laugh it off.

4. I haven't had any since I started working for myself 6 years ago. Nowadays, I don't get stress, I give it :D

5. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I find filling off a few million potential people can be a great way to relive stress. Alternatively having a random argument on TB with one of the regulars can be a bit of a stress relief. Although perhaps some would argue that, metaphorically, they are the same activity. ;)

6. [​IMG]

And...

[​IMG]

7. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I call the problem's immediate supervisor and rip him a new one.

8. I often internalize too, but that is for sake of sparing my Wife undue stress.

It's only when it's something I cannot handle alone that I involve her, and we work it out.

She can always tell when something is up, and respects when I'm being a bit withdrawn... will usually ask if she can help...

But yeah, it may take a few years off, but it's worth it to me now.

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Harley-Davidson.

10. MAJOR METAL

Together or seperate ?

11. MAJOR METAL

I am giving some thought to that. :)

12. Play bass really loud until my fingers hurt. A little smoke helps to.

13. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    General stress:
    -Music
    -Gym

If that's not working,
    -Have a smoke
    -Have a toke

Most often after I've relieved the initial "AHHHHHH!" I sit down with no distractions and try to take myself out of the situation mentally so I can see it from all angles -- stress is caused by something, and if I can figure out what that is, I can address the problem and relieve the stress in a more complete way.

14. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    How do I deal with intense stress? Usually with an adrenaline rush that allows me to get through the immediate situation and anger that I take out on everyone around me until the source of the stress is dealt with. Essentially, a "fight" response.

It ain't pretty, but it seems to work (for me at least; the folks around me are usually none too happy about it!)

15. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Self-medication with mota. Lots of hard housework, trying to keep the stress from my mind. If the stress is too great for me, I stop eating, and then break out in stress-induced dermatitis.

Good reason to keep stress as low as I can. S.I.D. can last for months.

Cherie

16. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I can see you on something like this:

[​IMG]

17. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I hit people.

18. MAJOR METAL

Amen It has got to be Green ! :D

19. MAJOR METAL

I hade a few years of those intense hives during one of the most triying times of my life , nearly killed me !

20. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Horrible, no? When I worked for The Big, Corporate Builder Of McMansions, I had those hives from November until March of the following year. I hated...*hated*...that job. It was so stressful!!! The only other times I ever had those hives was during my divorce, and during the time I was homeless and on drugs. So...the stress on that job was akin to being homeless while going through a divorce on drugs.

Here's to never having the Super-Hives ever again, either of us!!!

{{{clink!!!}}}

Toasting with Tension Tamer tea...

Cherie :)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021