1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do you feel when people stare at you ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 15, 2006.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

How do you feel when people stare at you ? My reaction differs as to who is staring at me.

2. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    I usually don't take to it kindly. As cliché as it sounds, I think staring is very rude, and it really annoys me.

Most people that I know who stare do it in a very... mocking sort of way. For example, if you tell a joke they don't understand, or say something they don't like, they give you that "***?" kind of stare. It's very irritating.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I usually don't like it, depending on how and who. If they're checking me out, I don't mind, but as of late, I have gained some ponds, so the checking out occurs a lot less.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Females I allow. When guys do it, I stare back and that gets them to avert their eyes. Especially when my eyes glaze over...

5. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    When people stare at me, it's because I'm doing something a) dangerous, b) stupid, c) humiliating

I quickly try to assess which of the 3 it is I'm doing (or a combination), and stop immediately.

6. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    yep.

7. I quickly wipe my hand over my face and or check my fly.

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I always wonder why someone is staring at me. It's always kind of creepy when someone who had a reason to look at you (such as the guy at the Whataburger drive-thru today) just lets their look linger way too long (such as the guy at the Whataburger drive-thru today). That has happened to me twice in the last 2 days.

A male staring at another male for no reason is typically a machismo thing just as staring the other guy down until he looks away is a machismo thing.

bc

9. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Sometimes (well, a lot) I'll just space out and stare at a random spot on a wall. What usually happens is someone walks over to that spot and usually does something like bend over. That leads to bad situations for me. I should learn to space out with my eyes closed.

10. Mole

Mole

Jul 7, 2005
    It only annoys me when it's a guy. Then I just stare back, or at least try to. I usually find myself glaring, actually. Either way, it gets them to stop starting at me and that's all that matters. :)

Edit: Poop-Loops, that happens to me too. It really sucks when I "wake up" from spacing out and realize that as I was spacing out, someone in front of me decided to bend down for a long time.

11. I would agree that my reaction differs but I usually smile back and they in turn do the same.:D

12. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Northumberland, UK
    Tend to run my hand over my face/mouth. Ive recently got braces and I gotta admit, Im a little insecure about them.

Eye contact can be a really powerful way to communicate.

13. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I agree.

[​IMG]

14. Oh god. In 9th grade this girl in my math class thought I liked her (not a good thing, she thought I was also stalking her for some reason). Why did she think I liked her? Because I would just stare and then space out in her general direction, so I can plainly see why she would think that, but I certianly never thought anything of it.

Well in time, this guy I sort of knew came up to me and told me to stay away from her, and that she didn't like me staring at her anymore.

Him: She doesn't like you dude, get over it and leave her alone (shoves me backwards).

Me: Whaa......

Moral of the story. Don't space out in math class.

I also have a terrible midget story where I stared at one at a supermarket when I was little because I'd never seen one before. He got very pissed and him and his midget wife came over and yelled at me. I cried and to this day am quite scared of midgets.

15. Basshole

Basshole Inactive

Jan 28, 2005

It all depends on whether I'm wearing my underoos inside, or outside my pants that day.

16. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    With an ass as cute as mine, you get used to it.

17. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    It usually depends, but I usually end up saying either: ya?, or what? usually rather irritably. If it's one of those stares of disapproval, I just stare back. I can hold my stare rather long, so they usually end up lookign away. If it's a girl, I don't care. unless it's to ridicule me, in that case I say: "*** are you staring at?"

I'm not the kindest person. I also tend to blank out alot. But I look upwards. So I don't usually stare at people, unless they are really soing something funny, or stoopid. Or just very hot :D

18. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005

+2

I admit the stoopid looks were worse when I used to smoke pot , a lot of it at that, I was always doing something not right for no good reason. Such as going out to the car and getting in the passenger side or the backseat. Then you have to act like your looking for something so as to satisfy your paranoia because all of your neighbors are outside and you swear they know you are high.:eek:

WOW am I glad I gave that stuff up , made too me wiggity.

19. I feel somewhat self-conscious... like you though, the reaction tends to differ depending on the circumstances.

Example... if it's a fellow student, I don't mind. But if it's my professor during a lecture of over 100 students, I get nervous.

20. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i feel sexy

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021