How do you find hard to find basses

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jul 15, 2004.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

What methods do you use in tracking down a bass that you really want but are having a hard time finding.Feel free to post internet links of searches or any thing like that. Thanks
  2. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    They're always in the last place you look. :D

I would think you might just stumble onto rare basses. Like at a pawn shop or ebay, or even a garage sale. I guess the fact that they are not right in front of you is what makes them hard to find. I say luck has a lot to do with it.
  3. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Depends on if you're looking for new or used/vintage basses. The new stuff should be relataively easy to find through dealer and websites. However, the older stuff can, as was mentioned above, show up ANYWHERE. For older instrumetns, you might try buying an issue of Vintage Guitar magazine. There are a lot of listings for guitar shops that you probably wouldn't otherwise know of or think to check...since they deal with more guitars than basses. Just a thought..... ;)
  4. This could be an interesting thread to follow. And i have a perfect example.

I saw in the basses forum that GC is offering limited edition Mexican Natural basses that i heard are 'exclusive' to GC. I think i would really like one..but since there are no Guitar Centers in could i go about getting one?

*Edit:I hope this isnt conflicting with the original post?
  5. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Also check the classifieds here on this site....sometimes people are selling hard-to-find basses and such.
  6. I really want a Mach 2 Wal four string.

But I'm having trouble finding a pile of money to pay for it.

Here is an example of a bass i look all over the internet for but find very few or none. Actually it truly was luck with this bass because 3 weeks after loosing a bid on ebay for a bass just like this someone comes on here looking for info and i was able to buy it off of him.

Right on :hyper: , if you carefully go through vintage Guitar with all the listings of basses for sale you can find some rare birds ;) . Ebay is another good place.
  9. I'm always cruisin eBay to find "rare" basses. I'm constantly on the lookout for a low priced Ric or an 85 Gibson Explorer.
  10. ebay