How do you get a Sunn 200s head open?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The 0x, Mar 17, 2006.

1. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I've been trying to take the chassis of this amp out, so I can hardwire a grounded plug into it, but I can't get the bloody chassis out! I've tried unscrewing everything, but to no success. Please tell me I don't have to unscrew the transformers as well, because that would be a real bitch.

How do I get this bloody thing open?!? :mad:
  2. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Hi Sean!

There should be chassis through bolts from underneath. They may be through the srtap handle or through the feet too.
    You may have to take off the front grille and slide it out that way. My 2000s' tranny won't come out the back and had to be done that way.
  3. savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    remove the Four screw on the bottom of the head box, and the Chassis slides out the back.. After you take off the back panel ofcourse.

4. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    And don't forget to take pictures ;)
  5. iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    You can't get the chassis out and you're messing with the wiring???

That amp can still shock the snot out of you even when it's not plugged in. Be careful.
  6. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I decided to just drop it off at an AV repair place, because i'm gonna end up breaking something trying to get it open.

Also, i've opened up tube amps before. My bassman came apart a LOT easier than this thing.