Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how do you get back and forth to your gigs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Apr 5, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    the van[​IMG] and the trailer...[​IMG] this was the day before we left on tour two summers ago. it was very hot. my guitar player was cleaning out the insulation from the "upstairs" oart of our van.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] the same view, every day. ps2(madden 03) and 5 half nekkid sweatie guys.

wouldnt give it up for the world.

ps, i also have a station wagon, no pics though.

2. mr tea

mr tea

Mar 9, 2005
    nice!

ive got an old layland royal mail van with six little seats, it costs me twice as much to run as a car would, the band pays for the petrol, ive done about 30,000 miles in the last year. some days id happily give it up for anything.

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    since we have purchased the van we have put 40k plus on it. we have owned it since summer of 03.

and it isnt great on gas either. we get like 12 miles to the gallon, and its not even a big engine either.

4. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    7 train...

5. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i wish i could take mass transit to all of our gigs.

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    N Judah line works for me.

7. Usually when I have to go to shows I take my magic carpet :bag: No but seriously I have a 98 stratus that gets me to and from shows...the only thing that sucks is you need two people to get a 4x10 cab in the back seat because the doors are too small, so you really have to wedge the thing in there...funny enough its easy to take the cab out

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    All my gigs this year have been on campus, so I lucked out, just put all my gear in a cart that I uh... borrowed from K-mart and take it to whichever place we're playing. Has worked out quite well :p

Ray.

9. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    Volkswagen GTI. Everything fits okay when I fold the seats down and yank the subwoofer out. Wish we had a van, would make for easier transport of everyones stuff all at once, rather than a convoy of smaller cars.

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    [​IMG]

Mine

11. Funny, me too, (except mine is blue) :bassist:

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I love these things, you can beat the hell out of them, and you can't get them stuck.

Like this?:

[​IMG]

13. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    well, when we are without a van, we use my station wagon, which perfectly fits my ampeg 610, my basses, and my rack mount all in the back without folding down seats.

14. the bus........or my dads ford mondeo

15. Agreed. mine is more of the baby "lapis" blue...some say it looks a tad purple...you know, THAT color.

16. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    [​IMG]

Mine....sort of.

17. Taxi. I'm a more luxurious person than Ed.

18. Astro van for the gear.

19. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Holden Combo. Ugly, but it's a great little gig truck!

20. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    [​IMG]

Mine ... sort of.