Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How do you get pics to open in your thread???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dreamwave, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Sorry. I know this has been asked before but I forgot
    which thread it was in. I'd like the pic to just show and not just be a link as explained in the FAQ section.

P.S. One of you Moderators should put that in the FAQ section. Thanks.

A.

2. Just open the link up (after you've posted), copy the URL, then go edit your post and use the IMG button to insert the html code for the pic.

3. Just want to see if this works:) Isn't there a more direct way though?
    [​IMG]

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, if the picture is hosted someplace online, you can just insert the url for the picture's location in the img tags.

5. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    This is still difficult for a couple of people on the planet, including me, but how do I get the URL if I post a photo to my desktop and I want to upload it from there? I'm not talking "attach file" but the insertion of the image. I can't find the text to cut and paste under "script prompt," i.e., the text to be formatted.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Max, you can't link to a file that is on your local machine. It has to be on the web somewhere.

7. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Many other boards don't have the attach file option so whilst being a minor hassle it's cool to upload stuff from a PC.