How do you get the battery out of the Digitech Bass Synth Wah?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RunBeerRun, Feb 1, 2005.

1. RunBeerRun

RunBeerRun Banned

Mar 10, 2003
    I can see the battery under the footpedal, how do I get it out? Seems like undoing the allen wrench bolts in the back would not get me there, since its under the footpedal in front. Cool thanks if anyone changes their battery.
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    On the front I think there's a little black button, push it in and the pedal portion should pop up to replace the battery.

I could be wrong.
  3. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    You have to push in one end of the hinge that the pedal swings on. Use the end of a 1/4" cable. Lift up on that side and slide the pedal completely off. There is a spring that connects both halves of the hinge that must be compressed in order to remove either side of the pedal surface. It sounds more complicated than it is. Hope this helps.
  4. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    yeah what bass-shy said is right. you see the metal pins on the side of the pedal part, you push either side in, and you'll be able to lift the pedal portion off. and yeah, use a pen or a 1/4" cable end....but i can do it with my fingernail.
  5. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    the fact that I'm not the only person who had this problem makes me feel so much better! :)
  6. RunBeerRun

RunBeerRun Banned

Mar 10, 2003
    thank you, i did it pushed the pedal down and pushed the side button in with a 1/4" cable and it opened up

i bought it used, no manual