How do you Hammer?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by MooMooMan, Jun 19, 2001.

1. MooMooMan

Jun 14, 2001
    I started playing at christmas last year and have learnt how to slap and pop and can play most metallica but i now want to play some Korn and its full of hammers. How do you Hammer?
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

"Korn is full of Hammers" - hmmm, do you think this is a phrase or euphemism, along the lines of "This is a load of cobblers" or "This is full of ****"? ;)

In Wagner's Ring cycle, there are hammers used to hit anvils in the scenes depicting the "Niebelungen Horde" - this could well describe some of the bands people have been mentioning around here! :rolleyes:
  3. You push your fretting finger against the fingerboard where you want the note to sound, but don't pluck it with your playing hand; to play F on the E-string, just fret the first fret (if playing s fretted), but don't touch it with your playing hand.
  4. jackaroe

May 12, 2002
    are u supposed to fret it with force, or fret it naturally but dont strick the string?
  5. Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    when i play korn most of the notes are slapped then hammered. so say u were on the E string and u fret a F (first fret) slap it, then push another finger onto the G (third fret) with out using ur right hand