How do you know if you are spoild?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    To be spoild does someone have to call you spoild in order to be spoild. Is there a test for someone to take to see if they are spoild. Like pouring milk in to boiling water to see if it gets chunky is there a test like that for human spoilness?
  2. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Oh oh... one of those... come to the kid and say "spoiled kids say what" and if kid says "what?" then he is indeed spoiled... if not then you say "spoiled kids say why" and beat the kid until he asks you why you hitting him... if the kid cant take the pain then he is spoiled...
  3. yes...drop a person in a boiling pool of water, and if they get chunky, then they are spoiled.
  4. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Here's the scenario......

You walk into a music store, & stroll on over to the bass section to see if you can snag a killer deal. When you arrive in that section, (if it's any music store around me, that's a tiny spot with a crappy selection) there sits a kid with his mom throwing a temper tantrum because she won't get him/her the $2000 bass instead of a cheaper one. 10 minutes later, that kid walks out of the store with the $2000 bass.........

That's a spoiled kid. How does a kid learn the value of money/hard work that way?
  5. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Wow... did TB have any members like that before?
  6. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    You are spoiled if, on a mere whim, you wish for something and your parents get it for you automatically.

This will escalate into the post prior to mine.

Chances are though, if you have to think really long and hard about "Am I spoiled or not?" the answer is usually yes.
  7. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I think his question was how do you know if you are spoiled, yourself? In which case, I will refer back to the boiling water post.
  8. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Oh, how to tell if I'M spoiled.

I guess by the wafting odor that seeps from below.
  9. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

But how do you know that?
  10. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    What was last thing your parents bought you for no reason... bam.
  11. HEY!
    I have no "wafting odor that seeps from below," thank God. But I am definately spoiled, and no one knows it better than me! And I love it-I wouldn't have it any other way! :hyper:
  12. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

A pair of kakie shorts, that were on sale.
  13. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA

Did your parents buy your bass? If answer is yes, please see below

you're spoiled. have a nice day.
  14. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    No I bought it and I'm buying my new one to. And those shorts were for my brother but they didn't fit him.
  15. i think this is kinda subjective.

just becuase you see some kid moaning, doesnt mean to say s/he hasnt earned it.

and so what if your parent buys you a bass? thats hardly being spoiled if its for an event.

and maybe sometimes you can be spoiled, but that doesn't mean to say you won't understand the value of working for something.
  16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Listen kid, let me tell you a story.

The year was two thousand and one, the year of our lord. I had just taken a taxi home from a gig, my band had just opened for the Rolling Stones... by opened for, I of course mean we carried their old asses... and they're still at it! Anyway, I just got home, I had turned down without a doubt some of the hottest women ever after the show due to a promise I made my girlfriend on the eve of my death. Anyway... so I get home, I turn the lock and there is someone in there! Leaning against my stainless steel, three thousand dollar refridgerator.

I ask calmly, but firmly "Who are you?" I tried to turn on the lights, but to no such luck, he had cut the power. Whoever this shadowy stranger was. He stood upright and lurked over to me, not yet speaking until he was inches from my face, he opened his mouth and let out a sigh, "My name is Winston W. Winston, I have travelled from the year 2005 to tell you of your future."

I of course instantly assumed this guy a nutjob, I started by asking, "Why the hell did you kill my power?" He claimed he didn't do it, but this seemed all to convient. And his story, from the future? And why from the not so distant future? To say the least, I was slightly let down. "To say the least, I'm slightly let down," I said to Mr. Winston.

Before I could explain why, he drew a knife and held it to my throat, at this point he had me held against the entrance door, which my grandfather had carved for me when I was just a boy. My grandfather was the great Viking Natas Tillvolken (the name was shortened to Till when he came to America), but once he retired from his career of pillaging, rumor has it he lifted his Viking ship above his head, drew his mighty Viking sword, and used his mighty viking awesomeness to cut the ship into the door that I was now pressed against.

He said, "LISTEN TO ME DAMN IT! Your life may be at risk!" He then eased off, and asked me if I had any Liquor. I had just turned 18 and was a law abiding citizen, so I had to let him down... nah, just kidding, I swiped a bottle of Jim Beam from old man Swanson just down the block. So I poured out a glass, on ice, and listened to his tale.

"As I said earlier, I came from the year 2005 to warn you," he began. "A great evil lurks above your head, and in the year 2005 it may very well come in for the kill."

At this point he threw back his glass of booze, and stumbled back a bit. I asked him to have a seat. He then stumbled back into his chair. He looked like he had been through hell, his face was scarred, and when I looked into his eyes I knew he had seen hell. Was this hell in my future? At this point I was quite interested in his tale.

"You will meet a man, he will not tell you his real name, he will give you an alias," his voice gruff, he was slurring a bit at this point, "All I can tell you at this point is Cig."

"Why can't you tell me his name, or at least the alias you heartless bastard!" I exclaimed!

"SHUT UP, SHUT THE HELL UP, I'M TRYING TO SAVE YOUR LIFE!" He flung from his chair, knife once again drawn. I composed myself, and after what seemed like an eternity, he did as well. "Cig, you will meet Cig, and Cig will ask, 'How do you know if you are spoild?"

"Uh, what the hell is spolid?" I asked. He just glared and went on.

"If you are asked this, you must tell this tale, or your fate will be sealed!" He then jumped out of my window, 300 stories to the cold pavement floor.

I'm assuming CIG stand for Coutts is God... I always assumed he was just drunk but... here we are... just playing it safe, you know?

Excuse any typos.
    Don't seal my fate.
  17. are spoiled. Probably spoild, as well. I'm only telling you for your own good. Or maybe my own amusement....

Oh, BTW- awesome story, Mr. Till.
  18. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO

Yeah, what he said. :eyebrow:

Spoiled to me is when you beg for something from your parents and when they say no you throw a fit like my 3 year old nephew. He's S-P-O-I-L-E-D. Sometimes he gets that weird wafting odor from below. That sorta speaks for itself.
  19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    If you don't know the true value of a dollar, if you take your personal possessions forgranted, if you are used to getting everything you want, then you are spoiled.

I have been babysitting two kids for a friend this week. One is an eight year old boy, the other is a four year old girl. They don't take care of anything they have, they ask for everything in the world. When I say no, I get the crying and whining which is followed by "my parents always let me have _______". They are spoiled.