Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How do you like our gig poster?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Tsal, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    My current project is finally having it's first gig at our guitarists friends birthday party in a small suburbs bar next saturday.

The thing is, it ain't a private venue, and the friend is paying us only free drinks for the whole evening, so I thought maybe we could come to some agreement with the bar that they would pay us few bucks too as their customers can see the gig too.

So I designed a small gig poster with Paint to help us, my idea being that we take care of advertising by putting these in a4-size to bulletins and stuff around the town. What do you think about the design?

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Hmmmm... It's kind of plain, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. If you have a logo, I'd do use it. If you have booking info or a website to promote, you might want to put that info on there too (maybe in small text along the bottom).

Here's another idea: On the back of each ad, put a sampling of some of the songs you do, or list some of the bands your band covers.

Good luck at your gig!

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

----------------------------------------------
    Smash: "Looks Classy, but Democrats likely won't want to come".
    -----------------------------------------------
    They may be your heaviest drinkers right now too.

4. Where is it? How do you see it? I can't fine it or I'm to bline to see it~ :rolleyes:

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    +1

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I think it's perfect! Don't change a thing! :confused:

7. less is more.

so...nothing must be everything.

that's right, it's got everything.

8. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Democrats won't come to Tsal anyway; after all, he is in Finland.