1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

how do you listen to music??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by groooooove, Apr 10, 2009.

1. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    my ipod headphones broke, and i went into radioshack and got the headphones with the widest frequency range that they had (it said 6hz-24khz.. not sure how accurate that can be) and it just sounds so good that i prefer this to my home stereo now, and it got me thinking.

what do you listen to music on? (player and speakers/headphones)

i know theres a lot of hate for MP3 formatted music, but its so convienent that its really all i use...

2. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    Nothing like finding a good set of high end speakers and turning it up. I like B&W. Since I'm a rock/ metal buff my sub is 10 inch as I want the quicker response. Headphones sound ok but nothing like turning it up so loud pictures fall off the wall and break (yes its happened, my wfe's picture, she wasn't happy)

3. bass12

bass12 And Grace, too

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    I remember reading about a study not too long ago that suggested kids were doing damage to their hearing by headphone over-use. This doesn't surprise me at all. I rarely use headphones - I don't particularly like the sound of music pumped directly into my ears (sans acoustic space) and I don't like the idea of needlessly doing damage to my hearing. Of course, convenience trumps common sense almost every time. I can understand the appeal of having a thousand songs at ones fingertips, but I would prefer to listen to music in an open environment. In fact, I probably listen to more music in the car than anywhere else - not the best in terms of sound quality, but I prefer it to listening on headphones. When walking down the street or sitting on a bus, the music in my head is fine - I really don't feel the need for a portable music player.

4. Almost completely made up.

But I use my 2.1 speakers with my computer most of the time, or my headphones. Don't really have any other music players except my car radio (and it only does radio).