Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HOW DO YOU MAKE A TRUE BYPASS PEDAL?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by addylewis, Jul 28, 2005.

1. would buy one, but for 65 quid it's just not worth it...

anyone know how to make one? (not after anything snazzy or complex, just something that works without batteries if possible...)

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Uh, what do you mean? Do you want a loooper style thing?

3. yeah thats the kind of thing (whatever its called, some people call it a "true bypass" pedal...)

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

5. you come over and join us in the forums at www.diystompboxes.com and find all you need to build one for yourself.

A simple, single true bypass pedal consists of 4 jack sockets and what we call a 3PDT switch. Handy with a soldering iron?

6. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
  7. Matteran

Matteran Banned

Jan 1, 2005
    Santa Rosa, CA
    i was going to buy a loooper, but i had an extra 3tdp switch hanging around, so i decided to buy the parts for 17 bucks and build one. Soon my Guv'nor 2 won't slaughter my tone!

8. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Looper question: The loopers at Loooper.com have Boss-style 9v DC jacks, but it appears the kit at loop-master does not come with any battery/power electronics. Do loopers need to be powered?

9. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    No, they don't need to.

But if you want a status led, then you need power.

Looopers can be used without power supply, the led just won't light.

10. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Ah! Okay thanks, an LED would definitely be handy.

I have a couple of pedals that suck tone, so I keep them unplugged when I'm not using them -- it's really a hassle.

11. Yo Jazz Ad - that looper looks great, what is "Loopers" and have they got a website?

12. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member