How do you manage your bookmarks?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by leanne, Dec 29, 2002.

1. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I use Internet Explorer and I add a lot of bookmarks. I don't find them to be very manageable, though, and can usually find something faster if I just search with Yahoo or something.

I was wondering how other people handle their bookmarks. There are programs that are supposed to help, are they helpful?

2. I usually wait until windows crashes irreperably and reinstall windows - thus clearing all my bookmarks :)

Yes, there are programs to help organise bookmarks but I've never used any of them, try:

Linkstash -
  3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    if it's faster to do a yahoo search, then just do a yahoo search. That's what I do.
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    My Bookmarks also manages them. From any computer might I add.

But, I only have 5 bookmarks I visit regularly, with another 3 or 4 I visit less than once a month.
  5. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Yeah, I use folders to categorize things so they make sense -- at least to me.
  6. So you do that regularly then i take it? :p

7. bookmarks? i just carve "" into the side of my monitor so i don't forget it.
  8. =^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Not exactly "How do I manage etc" but quite a nice little tip which may save you a little time.

Jazzbo shows a very good way of using the links feature in explorer to create a toolbar of the links you use the most

First up drag the links bar down from where it is placed by default at the end of the address (URL) bar to either above or below the URL bar.

Once you've deleted all the garbage that M/S puts in there by default you can add icons to it by adding the shortcut into your favourites in the links folder - or by dragging the explorer icon just to the left of the address and dropping it onto the Links toolbar.

Once you've added the URL into the links bar you can right click on them, select rename and shorten the names so you can fit more in

You can see Jazzbos link bar just under the button

I have about half a dozen regularly used URLs in their including TB which I'm guessing Jazzbo has as his home page...
  9. yeah, exactly... is almost the only webpage I go to.
    I mean, I connect, open up a browser and there my homepage comes( then I go to the forums and spend all my time on there... :) and, of course, check out links people mention on here.

I've added like 4-5 new bookmarks this year. :)

I do occasionally visit some nerd pages from time to time though, like and various computer related pages that I find after doing a search on google.
  10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Like DHC and The_Bass, I spend most of my online time here. I do surf CNN, Foxnews, ESPN and, but those make up less than 10% of my online time.
  11. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I don't have bookmarks considering all I do is go on this site.
  12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    nice bookmarks Jazzbo....

:D ;)
  13. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yep. Very nice.