How do you play this? (buckethead content)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AmazingGracePlayer, May 20, 2007.

1. Does someone have the tabs to the part that starts at 4:43?

Also, it seems that Buckethead uses a pick along with his middle and ring fingers, is that true?

2. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    It looks to me that he's just fingerpicking everything in that segment.

3. Yes for that segment he's tapping, but for some songs like Whitewash, does he use a pick and fingers at the same time?

4. Those videos always spin me out.

And if he does use a pick and his fingers I bet it's not through necessity ;)

5. that technique is what buckethead calls finger nubbing--i am not sure if that is the official name for it though--here is a lesson i found--

6. Beta

Beta

May 9, 2007
    There are some things that Buckethead plays using his pick and fingers at the same time, but I don't know if he does it in Whitewash. The song that comes to my mind first is the Guitar Hero II version of Jordan, at the end of the solo section.

It's called hybrid, or (more appropriately in this case) chicken picking.

7. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The segment at 4:43 is just hammer ons and pulloffs using multiple fingers on multiple strings.

At 5:48 it's chicken pickin' - pick plus middle and ring fingers. If you want to see an insane demonstration of this technique, minus the scary severed-head puppet, search for "Greg Koch" on youtube.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021