1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do you relax?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Basschair, May 13, 2005.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    The dog's fine. I wasn't talking about the dog. The chemical diagram's fine also.

I'm talking about a picture I had to delete.

Onward...

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Roll down your windows, crank the Led Zepplin and go for a drive down a nice long, scenic back road with a Big Gulp from 7Eleven.

3. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I typically grab my MP3 player, put on an album that I like but haven't listened to in awhile, walk down to the nearby Rite-Aid and find somewhere to sit with a Vanilla Coke and Weekly World News. 7-11's also a good stop, since they have Slurpees and Slurpees rule. Just escape from maturity for an hour or 3, it's a very relaxing and fun thing to do.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Hiking.

5. When I first read that I thought I saw "I have an extemely stressful job (fiance)" That would also have made perfect sense. :D

When I need to relax I hit the Byward Market and go bar hopping. Or if I have no money, I watch a movie and take a nap. Surf TB, play my bass. All that good stuff.

6. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    This may sound like a load of rubbish but a situation is only as bad as you make it out to be. This no doubt contributes to your stress. You have a good job and a wife, and if you are tryin to keep her happy then you aren't throwing frying pans at each other. You are putting together an end of school show. Screw the parents. Most of them will be so busy fumbling with camcorder batteries, they will miss half the show anyway. So long as their kid is up there on stage they wouldn't notice a ten foot long piece of toilet paper if it was wrapped around their heads.

7. Actually, I can. If you have had any experience with it you would never question my statement. It is an extreme stimulant, especially on the upswing. It is physically impossible to sleep on it during the upswing. I don't even know why I'm typing this, it's like debating whether rain is wet.

8. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Sex.

9. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Acid is just boring, you just spend the whole time making letters with simple shapes. Pointing with your arm at full length, going "oh look, that chair looks like an H"

Bill Bailey for those of you uninformed.

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    1) don't be a schnook.

2) I do have experience with it, and I'm not denying the science of it, just saying certainly does help some people relax. I worked for 7 years with a guy who was in the TM movement, has taken more of it than you or I ever will, and regularly uses it to meditate and relax. Him and hundreds of others that he has personal experience with.

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

That sounds like a good time. :)

12. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    when im at home, i play timesplitters 2, put a buttload of bots on a team on easy, and snipe/camp em. good times :D .

if im out and about, ill go to borders or barnes and noble and read the bass/music mags for 3 or 4 hours, and they cant do crap about it :ninja:. going to a quiet guitar shop (i.e. not guitar center) and playing for a while with random equip i could never afford is fun also.

13. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    I dunno if anyone else will know what on God's green Earth I'm talking about, but is this sport in a guinness advert, where there's some guy who's taking a penalty type thing and he thinks of all the guinness he'll drink if he makes it and you never find out what happens?

14. I've learned a bit about dealing with stress (18 years in the Marine Corps infantry, and training as a drug/alcohol and more recently, PTSD counselor)--
    As an infantryman if somthing stresses you out-destroy it. If that's not possible, I do the following-
    1-keep it in perspective. How important will this be in 6 months?
    2- go for a run. preferably a trail run-no cars/stoplights, nice and quiet.
    3- read the Bible-Proverbs mainly in these cases.
    4-figure out what things are in your control and what things aren't. Work on the things that are in your control. Let go of the things that aren't.
    5-have trust that at a point in the future, whatever problems your'e having will be resolved one way or another, and life will go on. We don't get to see the big picture, but there is one.

I'd advise caution on using chemicals to alter moods. If done too frequently, this can become the preferred way to deal with stress. I've never met a person that was glad they started using Meth.
    Of course, you're an adult, capable of making your own decisions. There's been lots of good advice on this thread--I hope you find something that works for you.

Scott

15. Personally, (being as im 13, cant drink or drive, dont smoke or do drugs, and havnt gotten to the point where im having sex yet), I'll go for a bike ride up and down a couple of back road looking streets in my neighborhood, sit down with a Stewarts or Jones and watch the tube with my golden re, play a lil PS2, or just pick up my bass and fool around for a lil bit!!!

Jayson

16. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I prefer a nice hot bubble bath

Afte that I cover my bedsheets in rose pedals and roll nakedly around in them for many hours

(actually.....if I thought this would get my mind off my current financial/vehicular/band/relationship/family situation right now, I'd actually try it)

17. Right when I have to go to sleep, I read this...

:p

18. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Winner.

19. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I just watch TV until I fall asleep.

20. Poke smot and then listen to Kid A by Radiohead.