1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How do you rotate your display in Windows?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bard2dbone, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Okay, so I'm posting this on my wifes computer, because on mine, I would have to lay my head on the desk on my left side to read it.

I woke up with an idea for some lyrics, and got up to write them. I wrote at my computer desk so the light wouldn't bother anyone. I had my computer playing a radio station in the background. As I got to a stopping point on the lyrics, I started to set the notebook aside...and dropped it on the keyboard.

The screen immediately rotated ninety degrees counter-clockwise, or two hundred seventy clockwise, whatever...it turned on its left side.

How do I turn it back? It's gotta be a simple fix if a notebook falling on the keys caused it, but damn, man it hurts to turn my head to look at it. And using the mouse is just WIERD.

He'p me. Please.

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Ctrl+Alt+Arrow Key

3. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Okay...Ctrl & Alt are pretty self-explanatory. But which arrow key? Because nothing happened yet.

We have scroll up, scroll down, left, right. less than, greater than, and I suppose if you want to be silly, the shift key.Which one will turn my screen 90 degrees clockwise?

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    There. That's better.

It was running scandisk so nothing was happenning. Scan finished. Page is upright again. All is well in this small corner of the world.

5. You could have tried dropping more notebooks on it.

6. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    +1

7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    wow... i never knew about that... time to mess with some people at school...

:ninja:

8. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    While your at it, take a screen capture of their desktop and make it their wallpaper.

We had a guy at the office call tech support because none of his icons were working.:D

9. Hahaha, that is awesome, I have to try that. :D

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I can do you one better: (Feel free to try this out)

When someone is away from their desk, take a screen cap (ctrl+print screen) of whatever they're doing.

Paste the screen cap into Paint and save it.

Make the screen cap their background.

Drag all of the icons off to the very edge of the screen (just enough that you can get them back), and drag the top of the windows menu bar to the bottom essentially sliding it off the screen.

The screen will look like normal, and your victim will assume the computer has frozen. Nothing they try clicking on will work.

We had our chump on the phone with the IS department before we came over and stopped him. :ninja:

11. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    That's what we did, except you explained it better.

12. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I was rushing when I read through your post. I thought you said you did what the original poster accidentally did and consequently had him on the phone with tech. Here I thought I was being cool.

A thousand pardons. :(