How do you say it???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rojo412, Aug 30, 2000.

1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Is Lakland pronounced like:

Yeah, I'm stupid. I forgot what that line over the A means. But I'm bored right now, so this is a great subject... well, not really.
  2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Rojo -

The line over the "a" in Lakland is for a long "a" sound. The right way to pronounce it is "lake-land". I know the first part of the name is taken from Dan Lakin's name, the second part is from the luthier that worked with him to start the company, but I can't remember his $%^#@ name right now, sorry. (I got CRS to go with my CTS :D)

By the way, I've been meaning to say something about your Lewis Black quote. He's a funny dude, I about wet myself when he was telling that story you are quoting from. Another favorite of mine from him is the "ozone layer" bit.

"We have astronauts, we have saran wrap......FIX IT!!" :D
  3. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    THANK YOU! I know how to say it... of course, I looked really stupid saying it the other way all these years.

Lew is hilarious. I saw that whole routine and didn't stop laughing for 3 days. He's nuts!

BTW, to anyone who has a Lakland (LAKE-land), how is it? I know it's good, but is it like a stingray (soundwise) or does it have it's own type of sound? Are they worth the dough?
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    They're worth it. They have much more tonal range than a Stingray, and are easier to play. If you play one, you'll end up owning it.

Leave me alone, Gard.
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Plenty of Lakland threads in the Basses Forum.

Will C.:cool: