How do you set your AW-3?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LeftyLB70P, May 11, 2005.

1. LeftyLB70P

May 4, 2005
    Athens, Ga.
    For those using the BOSS AW-3:

What are the settings that you find useful and how would you describe the tone that you get with these various settings?

I venture to ask the same question to anyone using a Mooger Fooger LowPass Filter (Is that the MF101, can't remember?)

I like my BOSS pedal but I want more, looking to learn from others experiences :)
  2. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    I primarily use my AW-3 in the tap tempo setting. It gives a great wah tone and can be changed on the fly by tapping the pedal. I use a EH Mini Q Tron for the really funky, envelope stuff, but the AW-3 gets pretty funky as well. I find the tap tempo setting to be the most usable and versatile. Hope this helps.
  3. I use mine in a slightly different way, i dont use the wah settings on it!! I use the "sharp" setting then move the "manual" and sens" knobs around to make sweeping noise!! sounds scary when your bass is feeding back and you have distortion on!!

although if you use the humanizer, set the "manual" to "i" and the "sens" to "e" and pluck hard it says gay!!!