How do you store your basses?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Don't_Fret, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Where do you put your basses when you're not playing them?

In the open air, or in a hardshell or gig bag?

In a single or multiple stand on the ground, or a wall mount?

I put mine in their gig bags in one of those Warwick 5-space Rockstands. It works pretty well but the gig bags don't look very attractive.
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    So take them out of the gig bags. Won't hurt them, and they'll be more convenient when you want to play.
  3. Mine split their time between a Hercules stand and a hardshell.
  4. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    One's on a stand in the living room, one's on a stand in the spare bedroom (my music room). And 2 are in cases in my closet. I have one of those Rockstands, the problem is I had my Infinity next to a strat w/o a mark on it,and I nicked it w/ the Stacked metal knob on the Infinity,so be careful. It's a 50th aniversary mahagony Amereican Deluxe,so I was ticked.
  5. Both on stands, unless before a gig or in transit, when its hardshell all the way.
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I always store my Bass in the case. That way it is safe from most any mishap or projectiles that may occur.

Plus most musician friends I have that leave their guitars out, the strings are almost always at or near the end of their useful life.

Why help the strings along?
  7. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I keep mine in it's gig bag when not in use.
  8. Mine are all out on stands- including DB, so I can play them whenever I get a chance. There's usually one or two in the case/gigbag because of space/stand considerations, but the nuts part is that I have 3 kids under 6. :eek: One doesn't walk yet, but she's the one I'm most concerned with... :meh:
  9. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

i keep two upstairs in a closet , locked in hardcases .
    i keep two on stands in the living room .
    i keep three in gig bags , ready to take to gigs ...
  10. I just lean mine up against the wall... :(
  11. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I suggest you invest in a stand, that's rough on the neck, you can get them cheap,I have some I paid $10 for.
  12. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    mines stay in the cases, if I leave them out there is a chance they might get knocked over, and people seem the think an instrument sitting out is an open invitation to play it. I have my acoustic guitar sitting out on a stand, and everyone always touches it. I don't care about that that much though, it's jsut a guitar.
  13. Mine is out on a stand. It's in my music room. It's nice to be able to just grab it and play.

I should note that my music room is located in part of a finished attic, and the climate/humidity stays pretty consistent, and there are no pets or kids to worry about.
  14. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
  15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I keep mine on hooks, hanging on the wall.
  16. i leave mine on a stand, i'm gonna start putting mine in my hardshell cases, cause apparently my brother and his friends think just cause its on a stand they can pick it up and play it like a dufus. it dostn matter to me much right now though cause its a squier.
  17. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    In its case (whether gig bag or HSC) except for the one thats currently on the stand.
  18. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I usually have one in the gigbag, one on a wall-hanger, the DB in a stand, and a guitar leaning somewhere.
  19. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    On stands in various rooms in my home.

The only rooms that don't have a bass and amp in them are the kitchen and the bathroom....and I'm considering what I should do about the bathroom (high humidity)....