How do you tell a guy you're not interested?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by disenchant, May 19, 2007.

1. Vic Winters

Vic Winters

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    "What do you know about Scientology...?"

2. Three words.

"I have AIDS"

Be straight forward. Girls love it complicated, guys love it overly simple. If girls wont meet in the middle and be straight forward like I will be, then I wont even bother.

3. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    Vic wins.

[/thread]

;)

4. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    You guys crack me up! I'm sitting over here dying laughing. And that could partially be because it's 2am here and I'm a little drunk, but hey, who cares?

Now might be the perfect time to call him and say "Do you have herpes? Because if you have it too then it's OK for us to have sex..."

5. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    Already said it...he was interested in learning more and ready to follow me to my church. I don't think it was Scientology he was interested in tho...

6. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    He tried to kiss you, right? Tell him you're pregnant. If he starts telling you that's not how it works, plead ignorance. You're in the marketing business, so you should be good at acting.

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Well, not returning his phone calls doesn't seem to be working! I'd answer and give him one of the polite 'no' statements you cited. Do not tolerate any begging. If he asks for a second chance, etc, then give him a polite but firm "no, I'm sorry" and then firmly state that you really don't have time to talk right now. If continues to plead his case, tell him you're expecting another call (aren't we all? :p) and just hang up on him. Hanging up on him is no more impolite than his whining.

If he calls back, tell him you're dating someone else. If he continues to call back, consider a restraining order... :ninja:

8. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    At that point I would go into a rant.

"Another chance at what? It's not like you missed when trying to connect. It's not a damn cable port you just plug into. God damn. And if you did somehow "miss", do you think I'd want to see your performance in bed? Hell no. Get the hell out of here."

9. mayhem

mayhem

Jan 27, 2007
    Scotland
    The best solution imo!

Get him in bed, and just as you both get naked, shout "LETS MAKE A BABY!". He'll get out of there so fast you'll think he vanished!

Or, tell him you were born a man and still have man parts!

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I hate this thread. I really do. It brings back so many bad memories. I'm glad I'm married now so I don't have to put up with it anymore. Thanks for bringing it up and making me depressed, Disenchant.

11. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    I'd stop at the first point. To me, there is no shame in saying "you and I are not compatible". You don't have to go into detail for him or for you.

12. haha. That's funny!

13. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Here's another strategy. Go out with him again, and go to a biker bar, or some other bar with a lot of big guys there. Then, occasionally, mouth off to the biggest guys in there. Give them the finger, do whatever you have to do to get them really pissed. After that, it's just 6 simple words, "My boyfriend can kick your ass."

Once he gets his ass beaten, and gets thrown out, follow him out, and say "That was awesome, let's go somewhere else, and do it again"

He'll never want to see you again, and, he gets a beatdown for annoying you.

14. Tell him to **** off, its simple as that.

15. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Boise, ID, USA
    I dunno... this guy seems to be the type that isn't getting the hint.

It should be more than enough to tell off most guys, though.

16. Yes!

Yes!

The next time he calls, answer and hit him with the aforementioned Band-Aid.

17. What's wrong with taking huge chunks of food?

18. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Just kick him in the head.

19. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Boise, ID, USA
    That's why I kinda dodged that issue. I tend to "inhale" my food :D

Eating with your mouth open is an unpleasant sight for others, though, so I avoid doing that...

...in public, anyway :smug:

20. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Rip the bandaid off. He's not taking hints.

BTDT, and I did it all wrong. Went on the 2nd date, only because they guy had gone out of his way to get tickets from his friend in the band and had told them he was bringing me.

That boy stuck to me like a bad stickerburr. Had to hold my elbow every where, as if I couldn't walk or find my direction by myself. He was only a little dorky, that first date. But by the second one, he creeped me right out. Most annoying man I'd ever been around...smothering, hovering, and so self-absorbed and controlling.

Then he wanted to come into my apartment when he dropped me off, and *stayed outside until 4:30 a.m.*. He begged to come in, I said no, then he sat in his car for four hours and banged on my window at 4-freaking-30, saying it was cold and he wanted to come in. I told him to git before I called the cops. Then he followed me around for weeks, and when I started dating my now-husband, the guy came around and made threats to me. Future-Hubby told him he was going to get his butt kicked if he didn't leave me alone.

So...RIP THE BANDAID OFF, RIGHT NOW!!! If you don't, this guy may get all creepy on you. He'll feel you gave him a come-on, and will resent you. If you kill this thing now, he doesn't have time to build anything he can call a connection.

Cherie