How do you test the L-Pad?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Texan, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast.

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I noticed that the horn in one of my SWR Goliath 3's is not as crispy as the other. I took out the tweeter to examine and it looks fine. I also did the crank the highs and master, rotate the attenuator and you can hear the highs increase, but not very much. I'm wondering if the L-Pad is going out. I have continuity between all connections in the circuit and everything seems to measure as it should, fuse is good. How can I test L-Pad?:help:

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Should get not only continuity, but test 8ohms or close to it throughout the range of the dial.

Did you take your tweeter apart and look at the coil/diaphram? It could have a burned spot that doesn't totally incapacitate it, but causes problems when heat comes into play......meaning it could test good cold, but still not work right.

3. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast.

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I swapped the horns and they are fine, it has to be the l-pad. Thankfully, they are only $10. Fingers crossed that this fixes it.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021