1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do you think a Gibson RD Artist would blend in this live performance?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gibenbackerbass, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Yea, Page played a Gibson RD Artist for a few live songs. How do you think the RD Artist bass would fair alongside the maple wonder of his six string? :bassist:

2. Awesome. :D

3. Mofo-Kang

Mofo-Kang

Aug 26, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    My RD Artist bass is the most versatile bass I've ever heard. I have a feeling someone like JPJ could really make it sing.

4. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    I get an involuntary spasm every time I hear Jimmy Page playing on anything live recorded after 1972... Atleast with the RD he gets a bit more grit in his tone, but that Les Paul wired out-of-phase tone he had most of the time, combined with sloppy playing really irks me.

5. Fly Guitars

Fly Guitars

Dec 29, 2008
    Well I guess so, as the RD is so versatile.

Although two instruments with the same wood, moog electronics etc may take up some of the same aural territory. Maybe not, i'm guessing - i've never seen a band with two RDs. Anyone?

There would just be a little less contrast than if the bass was an EB2 for example.

6. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    There might be a reason Page only used the RD on a song with JPJ playing electric piano and Taurus bass pedals, not his Alembic basses?

7. You bring up a good point! :hyper:

8. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    Reminds me why I never liked Zep. :bag: