1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How Do You Transport Your Bass? (show your gigbag/hardcase)

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG] - NEW!' started by JohnArnson, Oct 27, 2019.

1. JohnArnson

JohnArnson

May 28, 2019
    Personally I use the gigbag that came with my first 4 string Ibanez Mikro bass (they used to come with a gigbag, though not quite of the same high quality as the ones you can buy separately now) for my main 5 string Mikro bass too, it is a nice tight fit, making sure the bass don't skip around inside it, but not all that well padded, so I place that inside a guitar gigbag (as the Mikro got a scale length of just 28,6").

The 2 gigbags all in all gives me better protection than what most, even really well padded, single gigbags would offer, and for less money.

This:
    [​IMG]

Inside this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    [​IMG]
    That's my main one. Gruv Gear Sliver. I like it because you can carry it like a messenger bag on one shoulder for short distances but I bought a second strap for long hikes or for when I'm rolling a cart for gear. Very protective, too.

[​IMG]
    Also have this killer little light Levy's bag for when I don't need serious protection or for when I use my Dano or violin basses since the Sliver has a neck rest that hits their headstocks. Got it free with a 98 Am Jazz bass I used to have. Sold the bass because I loved it but it was too heavy and wrecked my left shoulder, but kept the bag. Isn't the most protective ever but it isn't bad. I use it for my electric guitar, too.

Then I have these discontinued bags:

Discod Gigbags.jpg

First is a Gator that I only use for flights in my SKB Roto Case because while it's overall a killer bag, the straps are mounted so low on it that the headstock sticks up and makes me feel like Herman Munster every time I walk through a doorway.

Second is a rather worn Levy's double gigbag with a broken pocket zipper that I bought in 98. I still use it sometimes but it doesn't offer a whole lot of protection if you bang it.

Third one is one of two Kaces Not Leather triangle bags that I have. It's a totally great bag except for one thing...the vinyl coating tears easily, especially on the padded straps. This one is in a lot better shape and only has one piece of duct tape on the straps, but I decided to be a little more classy than to bring a bag repaired with duct tape to gigs. Still, if I ever need to take 7 basses to a gig instead of 5, I'm covered :D

Actually I only take one bass to most gigs and I do it under protest!

BLDavis and JohnArnson like this.
  3. BLDavis

BLDavis Master of Snarks. Supporting Member

May 21, 2009
    Ellenboro, NC
    I've been using a Rock Ready for a couple of years and it really works well for me. My only complaint is the straps are positioned so I sometimes get the "Herman Munster" effect JimmyM spoke of. (Good name for it Jimmy and I'm gonna borrow it if you don't mind).
    B.

Volo Bass Gig Bag

JimmyM and JohnArnson like this.
  4. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Mono dual.
    u1sShPYHRxa5fS%iuUuq9w_thumb_116bd.jpg

JimmyM and JohnArnson like this.
  5. Kriegs

Kriegs Peace

Feb 14, 2018
    Southern New England
    Reunion Blues RBX - either single or double depending on my needs for the gig :thumbsup:
    upload_2019-10-28_9-39-56.png upload_2019-10-28_9-40-19.png

JohnArnson likes this.
  6. I use a gator flight case. Weight be damned.

JohnArnson likes this.
  7. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    I dislike gig bags.

in case.jpg

JohnArnson and TexasEdition like this.
  8. I’ve been using this fender bag. Under $100, decent padding and reinforcements. Comfy backpack straps. It’s got storage, but all my accessories go in a shoulder bag anyway. Had this over a year, Very happy with it, haven’t wanted anything more.

JohnArnson likes this.
  9. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    Same case for the last ten years... no signs of slowing down either.

[​IMG]

JohnArnson likes this.
  10. Fender Deluxe Double Electric Bass Guitar Gig Bag even has enough space in the front pocket to store my amp head

upload_2019-10-30_12-31-7.png upload_2019-10-30_12-31-18.png

JohnArnson likes this.
  11. Petethebassman

Petethebassman

Mar 7, 2008
    Finland
    Harvest Fine Leather gig bag, buffalo nubuck leather. It isn't that light but very comfortable to carry and is very high quality. 20190922_075937.jpg

JohnArnson likes this.
  12. Goatrope

Goatrope Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    I’d been using the Mono Dual for several years. It’s still a great bag, but too short for my TBird, so now using the Gator.

738EA4C8-137A-4578-B496-301E02101BCF.jpeg

JohnArnson likes this.