1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do you wash a matress cover?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by duo8675309, Nov 15, 2006.

1. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    I spilt something on mine, and i went to go get a new one from the closet and lo and behold there are none. So now i have to wash the one i have. How should I do it? I'm not sure what its made of. It looks like polyester though. I've never really done laundary so i'm kind of confused on how to do it and stuff...

I'm pathetic i know. :bag:

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    You mean a matress cover used to keep them from getting pee soaked in?

3. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    ? No i don't think so. Its not waterproof or anything. I don't think. Just a mattress cover.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Put it in the washer, with some detergent and fabric softener. If your cover has down in it, take it to a dry cleaner you trust.

-Mike

5. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I was going to say...I hope you've outgrown that by now...

6. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    Yeah but grown into something else :ninja: :bag:

7. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    That's disgusting.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Mattress cover ... is that the same thing as a fart sack?

9. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    All I know is that its in the spin cycle and has yet to be destroyed. I think i'm doing pretty good for this being my first time to do laundary.

Ever.

:bag:

I'm 16

10. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    I think i just gave that thing the full monty. Its still washing...

11. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    i'm in the furniture industry.. bedding included.

if you are talking about the run-of-the-mill mattress pad (elastic around the bottom, thin on the sides, soft and cushy on top) then just chuck it in the wash with your whites. nothing bad will happen. i do it all of the time.

or, you could occasionally buy a new one for about 20-30 bucks. not a bad idea if you are married or otherwise "in the pocket".

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    So what did you "spill" on your fart sack? ... hhhhhhhhehheh heh hehheh hhhhhhhheheheh.

13. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Lol. Water. I know not a really good reason to wash it but i have no idea how long its been since its been washed anyway so one way or another it needed it.

14. Sure you split something on it:p
    jokes

15. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Dude... Holy freaking crap. Those things are so freaking hard to put on... And i would replace those pseudo curse words with real ones if this board would let me. Seriously that thing too me like 30 minutes. I had to weigh one corner down with my bass and the other corner down with my amp. I'm not doing that again for a very long time.

16. Neb Maro

Neb Maro I don't think, but I still am.

Oct 20, 2006
    So. Cali
    Out of curiosity...who does your laundry?

17. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Lol. I live with my aunt so her. I help fold clothes and i strip and make my bed, but she does the washing and drying part. I think i might start helping out though. It was kind of fun (probably won't be in awhile though). Its like mowing, i liked doing it the first time I did it. Now not so much though...