Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how does a spector ns2000/4 feel?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Casey C., Mar 26, 2003.

1. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    I don't have any spector dealers near me (reasonable distance) and I was wondering how does it feel? anything it can be compared to? whats the nut width? neck shape? blah blah...

help!:bawl:
    :p

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    How does it feel? Better than any other bass in that price range. Go buy it. Do it. Now.

3. I played one at a music store 150 miles away. I love that Spector bass. I really want one!

4. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    well, I was wondering more about the shape of the neck...

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's fairly chunky. Imagine if you cut a Louisville (sp?) Slugger in half, and you'd be looking at about the shape of the neck.

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah, alot of people say it feels like a baseball bat. but that is not really a BAD thing. Guess you will have to play one to really find out how it feels.

7. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    oooo... I may like it then :D

thanks guys, any about the nut width though?:confused: I haven't found much

8. Yeah, but it's definitely not as thick as a Warwick. It's thicker than a Fender, but not so thick as to be uncomfortable, at least in my opinion. It's a C shape, so it's very comfortable IMHO. I don't think it's so different from more conventional neck designs that you would find any difficulties adjusting. If you are getting one of the neck through models (which is the one you mentioned in the title but as just been discontinued, so but there should be plenty still around) it has stain finish on the neck, the same as on the body. I don't find this to be a problem, but some prefer a neck without a finish (like MM). But to sum things up, the neck feels pretty awesome IMHO.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    On a 4 banger? 1.645" or, roughly 41-42mm at the nut. Wider than a Jazz bass, narrower than a P bass.

10. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    I'd have to agree :)

I just bought the 5 string version several weeks ago, and it feels wonderful. Sounds great too :D

11. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Typical Polly response ;)

12. OldJackBloom

OldJackBloom

May 12, 2001
    Reno, NV
    All you need to know is that it sounds like a piece of crap: the pickups suck. But, ok, I'll stick to the question. It feels like a stump, and plays worse, even nicely set up. Do yourself a favor. Spend the extra money and get something nice, even if it's used.

13. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    .........ok..........kinda weird coming from a guy who apparently has no bass, just an amp, and whose band is named after it according to the profile.

not to mention you once owned many great bassists.

lol:rolleyes:

14. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh. So you have never played one, huh.

5 bucks says this is the only bad review (By someone who probably does not know much) in this thread. They are great basses. And as Killdar brung out,

:rolleyes:

15. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    :rolleyes:

I definitely wouldn't listen to this guy if I were you ;)

16. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    I didn't plan on it. I don't have any extra money to save or else I would buy something better. ALSO I want something that feels right to me. The carvin I own now doesn't feel good to me and I need a new bass now.

17. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    PLEASE get it. No, you know what? IGNORE ALL OF US. And just go to the store, and fall in love with it. Thats all it takes. I know NO ONE that has any sense of good bass tone say Spectors suck. Just go, plug into a decent amp, and play it. If you can't, GET IT ANYWAY. It really is a fine bass. Oh yes, you can ignore this, but.

Get it. I told you to get it, and you STILL have not bought it? What are you? Like, stoopid or something? ;)

18. OldJackBloom

OldJackBloom

May 12, 2001
    Reno, NV
    I am completely surrounded by overwhelmingly smart, tone-sensitive and unbiased people. I count myself lucky and blessed.

19. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    I have the spector NS2000 I think it is. It was rather cheap, it was $569 but mars was going out of business so it was $349. The bass is awesome, it sounds great in my amp and the neck (to me) is thinner than a 78 P-bass I play sometimes, but thicker than my 1970 p-bass neck which is really thin :confused: . EIther way, its a great bass to have.