1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How does a Tyler Bass sound ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Reff, Aug 30, 2005.

1. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    I've thinking about getting one of these bad boys - if I can find one, and the money :)

I just wonder how they sound - like a Fender Jazz or is it a more modern tone like a MTD or ( insert weird name of bass here...) ?

Or is the PU's and electronics make it a truly versatile bass that can produce almost any tone you want.....?

2. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

If I'm not mistaken, the majority of them had the demeter preamp, which is REALLY versatile.

3. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    I tried one with dual tele-style bass pickups. With the preamp it was like a supercharged vintage Jazz. The P-bass sound was there in spades as well, again, super brown and unbelieveable.
    Each EQ point is carefully thought out and the taper is very subtle but extremely musical.

> Basically you're getting an old style switching Demeter pre shoved into a finely crafted instrument. It kicked my ass man.

4. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    The only Tyler I've ever heard was Neil Stubenhaus on a Karizma Live record. It was okay but I wasn't to impressed.

But according to the Tyle website the Signature model doesn't feature the Demeter Preamp.

5. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles

6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Great studio basses, solid construction, fast necks, great spacing and most versatile pre's I've heard in a long time (demeter).

I had the rare oppty to try the 34inch scale 5'ver at Rock City, hopefully Corey will chime in soon. He knows a bunch about them.

7. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
  8. steviecsg

steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    saw the Rubber Man play a bluish tyler with dave koz on a video before.

sounds good slapped.