How does a Tyler Bass sound ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Reff, Aug 30, 2005.

1. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    I've thinking about getting one of these bad boys - if I can find one, and the money :)

I just wonder how they sound - like a Fender Jazz or is it a more modern tone like a MTD or ( insert weird name of bass here...) ?

Or is the PU's and electronics make it a truly versatile bass that can produce almost any tone you want.....?
  2. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

If I'm not mistaken, the majority of them had the demeter preamp, which is REALLY versatile.
  3. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    I tried one with dual tele-style bass pickups. With the preamp it was like a supercharged vintage Jazz. The P-bass sound was there in spades as well, again, super brown and unbelieveable.
    Each EQ point is carefully thought out and the taper is very subtle but extremely musical.

> Basically you're getting an old style switching Demeter pre shoved into a finely crafted instrument. It kicked my ass man.
  4. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    The only Tyler I've ever heard was Neil Stubenhaus on a Karizma Live record. It was okay but I wasn't to impressed.

But according to the Tyle website the Signature model doesn't feature the Demeter Preamp.
  5. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
  6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Great studio basses, solid construction, fast necks, great spacing and most versatile pre's I've heard in a long time (demeter).

I had the rare oppty to try the 34inch scale 5'ver at Rock City, hopefully Corey will chime in soon. He knows a bunch about them.
  7. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
  8. steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    saw the Rubber Man play a bluish tyler with dave koz on a video before.

sounds good slapped.