1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How does a u bass sound with a band?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Steve Keele, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Steve Keele

Steve Keele

Dec 4, 2007
    I'm interested in getting a u bass and playing it in my band. I am hoping to see/listen to a YouTube (or other) video of a band playing live where the bass player is using a uke bass.

2. Staredge

Staredge

Aug 7, 2010
    Damascus, MD
    Deep thumpy bass. I have a Carlo Robelli that I play occasionally with my band. Blew my guys away first time they heard it. Don’t think we have any video of it though.

jim Mayer player one with Jimmy Buffett. Might be some video out there of that.

3. jhc

jhc

Jul 28, 2006
    Vancouver, WA

Skip to about 13 minutes in

4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY

5. Steve Keele

Steve Keele

Dec 4, 2007
    These are great. I did see the second one. I'd love to hear how it sounds with a full on rock band

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021