Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How does an Ampeg115 hold at a local show?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Mar 29, 2003.

1. I was wondering, how does the Ampeg 115 hold at shows. Is it loud enough for those smalltown places(I mean like churches, cafeterias and backyards), and does it get blown easily?

2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    Are you referring to the B-100R? It's a popular combo, supposed to pack a lot of punch and volume for performing. I haven't heard of them getting blown. Ampeg makes another similar combo, the BA115, but I think the general consensus is that the blue tolex covered B-100R is "better."

3. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    i've played a b-100r at a garage/backyard type gig, with a loud drummer and a crate 120 gfx. It was plenty loud, and had great tone, at least from what i can remember. It wasnt mine, it was the bass players from a diff. band. It had a little bit of headroom, not too much though. I had the volume knob on about 6 or 7.

After a few songs it stopped working though. I havent heard from the owner, but im pretty sure i broke the cable, and not the amp. The input is on top, and i fell, so it bent the top of the cable.