how does an envelope filter works?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dadodetres, Jun 15, 2005.

1. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    ok, i was afetr en envelope filter with a resonance or freq parameter, for looping phrases and them changing the filters at real time.....

but im GASing now for a Qtron, which doesnt have those filters....

could i get a parametric (or semi-parametric) EQ and then change the freq at real time while the envelope folter is on for archiving what i want?

how does the envelope filter works? i can see in the Qtron that i have a Q control, a peak control,and i can choose from the modes: high pass , low pass, band pass and mix, and that i can also choose range high or low....

what i THINK it does is that i choose a range of freqs, and the envelop creates a peak that moves in that range up or down, am i right? so what are the controls for?
  2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    IIRC an envelope filter boosts certain freqs based on the loudness of an input signal. Peak will probably the max value of that boost. High pass probably means anything above the freq is allowed through, lo pass is the opposite. Band pass will probably allow a broad range of freqs above and below to go through. Mix is well... mix?

I also agree with your SWAG about how the filter works.
  3. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Mix is the unaffected or "dry" signal being mixed with the Band Pass signal.