How does it feel to be alive today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Feeling good! Last weekend had both daughters home for a weekend-long muysic festival. Got in a couple of good visits, bought some Christmas presents (love it when I actually get ahead of the game on that) and drank some good beer. After a good nights' sleep, Monday isn't so bad.

And classes begin at my university next Monday, so we have a ton of classroom repairs to finish.....

2. Bassbeater

Bassbeater Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    How does it feel to be alive today?
    -Better than my greatest expectations.

Joedog and pie_man_25 like this.

3. P Bass with flats and an Ampeg SVT rig. What's a compressor?;)

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  4. I tried a new brand of coffee that advertised having 1.5 times as much caffeine as their usual brand, so I'm definitely awake today. Other than that, I'm pretty good, I could complain, but it does no good - so I'm looking for other stuff to do. I think I'll make another pot of coffee while I think about it... ;)

Oddly, Bassbeater and JGbassman like this.
  5. Sore. I had surgery today.

pie_man_25 likes this.
  6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Speedy recovery!

Matthew_84, pie_man_25 and JGbassman like this.
  7. jchrisk1

jchrisk1 Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern MI
    Not as good as Saturday. I ate a bunch of mushrooms and did an 8 hour kayak trip. Then went camping and played music around the campfire all night.

Muddslide and Matthew_84 like this.
  8. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    That worked for Rodney Dangerfield for decades.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    shadowtippy likes this.
  9. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    SW VT
    Great, considering the alternative.

A couple more weeks, fewer classrooms, and a budget considerably more smaller than the mere difference of classrooms would imply, and ^university^school^ finds us pretty much on the same page here. :D

Joedog likes this.
  10. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I just spent a week with my entire family, chilling in a house on the Chesapeake Bay and teaching my kids to fish and go crabbing. Tomorrow I am hiring an assistant to help me on my barn restoration project. I feel pretty accomplished and relaxed today.

11. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Hang in there, amigo. I have 3.5 FTE to keep 200 classrooms running and upgraded serving a university of 32,000 students. I added another gent from a related unit to help close out the work this week. There are another 200 rooms we work on on a chargeback basis, so the dance card is full all year.

For those of you who may not have thought about it, the only time you can take a university classroom apart and upgrade it is summer (or semester break) when students aren't filling the rooms. We spend all summer doing a quarter-million dollars worth of room upgrades, repairs and adding touches to new construction. That's a whole lot to do in 3 months.

12. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    Better than the last couple of days. I slipped on a slippery, sloppy slope and landed on my shoulder, which responded with a loud, crunching sound and lots of pain. It doesn't hurt as much, anymore.

13. slobake

slobake resident ... something

Me too, been a busy summer, I tired but happy.

Gaolee likes this.
  14. slobake

slobake resident ... something

The compressor on my Aerobed works great, just inflated it. Going to have lots of houseguests this week and I want to make sure it doesn't have a leak.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    MAJOR METAL likes this.
  16. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Torn.

My girls'cat is missing. They are heartbroken. I can't fix it. But I keep trying. I live in a pretty nice rural neighborhood... the burbs. We are surrounded by woods. I walked these woods today hoping not to find a dead cat. I didn't find one. But I'm dirty, sweaty, tired and covered in deet.

As you can imagine, a few hundred yards in any direction and things aren't so nice out here in the country. While I was walking around I was knocking on doors. Many of those doors were very nice. Many were not.

I encountered people living in tiny travel trailers surrounded by filth and mud. They were mostly kind, if not a little suspicious. But their living conditions were terrible.

So, while I'm exhausted, missing our cat, dirty, sweaty, and dealing with two young daughters crying themselves to sleep....

......I am also truly blessed that the worst ..... and only.....hardship I am facing at present is a missing cat.

Matthew_84, Oddly, FilterFunk and 2 others like this.
  17. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

this has been the 17th best day of my life. :)

18. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

No you didn't, you're just having a flashback. It's ok.

jchrisk1 likes this.
  19. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Tired, exhausted, overworked, and underpaid.

But, I was able to log in to TalkBass...:thumbsup:

20. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Hey Major! I feel amazing. These are among the greatest moments of my life for a pile of reasons, and I'm really enthusiastic about it. So thanks for asking! :D

Muddslide, MAJOR METAL and Oddly like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021