How does lay-away work?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by reasonbass, Jan 20, 2006.

1. I thought that you put down money on an item and you have a certain amount of time to pay the balance. And if pay it off before time expires, you can take the item with you.........

......I was wrong. Or at least what the GC employee told me. I put a used Boss GT-6 guitar pedal board on layaway 2 days ago. Today I came to pay the balanace off and take it home with me. He told me I couldn't because I had to pick it up on the day the balance was due. I told him I had the money now and wanted to take it home. He said I could pay it off now, but I still had to wait untill that date.

I took my receipt and walked away. He said "sorry", but I didn't look at him. I was angry, Oh and the reason I bought the pedal to begin with was that I also got a Boss GT-6B but it was on special order. I called them and they said it had arrived. And when I got there.........It wasn't there!!

So tomorrow I'm going to tell them to give me my money back. And I'm gonna order them thru American Musical Supply. I pay no tax, Free shipping and get it in 3 days at my house. And not have to waste any gas. Nickman is the only GC employee I will ever make a purchase from.

I'm going to the gym..Sorry for the rant.
  2. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Didn't you sign some sort of agreement when you put the item in layaway? If not, I'm sure the store has a written layaway policy. This should outline the terms and conditions of the layaway.

My guess is that they sold your item and they don't have another in stock. Making you wait gives them time to get it in.

Demand to see the manager and demand to see your item in layaway.
  3. The guy told me I had "until' Feb. 21'st to pay it off. He never said that I had to wait untill that day to pick it up. And if they sold it. They better get one off Ebay cause they don't make the GT-6 for guitar anymore.
  4. I think they are making me wait because, they had bought the board two days before I got it. And it had to wait thru some police check. I wish the guy would have told me that when I got it. I would have told him forget it. And if thats the case, why was it on the sales floor if you can't sell it? What about if I had the money upfront?
  5. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN

Police check? Sounds like bs to me. Talk to the manager, ask to see the layaway policy in writing. If the violated some sort of police rule by selling the item, the file a complaint with the police.