1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How does Marcus do this?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Espresto, Oct 26, 2013.

1. http://youtu.be/xXYjo5-UaTY?t=5m46s

I've heard both Victor and Marcus make this sort of sound of various occasions, but I've never understood how it's done. It obviously is some kind of tapping, but I can't quite get a handle on it. Can any of you guys explain?

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

hammer ons and pull offs. tap a note, move the strings while taking off your finger to ring the open string.
    See "Eruption solo" for good tutorials.

3. I know how to do that, but, it really doesn't sound the same as normal single string hammer on/pull off tapping. This right hand movement is also very different from the usual technique.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

I swear it's not. Basic alternating 2 fingers.

5. Ok, I listened more closely, you're right, my bad.

Thanks!

6. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011
    let say you put one finger on the 5th fret, the other on the 7 fret of the G string.

then with your picking hand you tap the 9th fret and when you let go that 9th fret you need to move up or down to make the string vibrate so you hear the note on the 7th fret then it is just a matter of pull-off the 7th fret so the 5th fret make a sound and then repeat the whole thing