1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How does the Hartke LH range sound compared to an Ashdown ABM?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bigwan, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    I have an Ashdown ABM 1x10 combo that I love. Actually with an Aguilar GS112 hooked up it's the best sounding small rig I've heard (haven't heard much of the high $ stuff though - not available around here), but I'm looking for a head as a backup and was wondering what else is out there. The Hartke LH1000 has caught my attention. I've read the descriptions that people like Kjung have put up about the Hartke LH amps but wondered if anyone here can compare one to an ABM soundwise? I usually run the ABM with the valve/solid blend half way, EQ off, Preset on so thought the Hartke would be covering similar ground?

2. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    Why does nobody ever want to talk to me :crying:

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I doubt a lot of people have experience with the Hartke head yet. But certainly by now someone has and they're certain to chime in when they see your post, so be a little patient.

4. I'm interrested in this too, tho I'm sorry but I can't supply U with info re the OT. Only have experience with the Hartke HA range.

5. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    I haven't directly ABed those heads but i'll have a go. The ABMs have a warm sound kinda like old Trace Elliots (funny that) but have an easy powerful EQ and the ability to blend in the overdriven sound. I really like the overdrive on the ABMs. The new Hartkes have a more tube like sound - more like a mesa? they only have master volume so you can't really overdrive them (as far as i know) Ken Jung compared them to a Alembic preamp with a poweramp - warm tube tone, but clean.