Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How Does the KSD-5 Stack Up?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I am really intersted in a KSD-5 60's or 70's model. The nearest dealer I know of is four hours away in Nashville. I have already checked out The G&L Tribute 5 and The Music Man SUB5 and I think both are great. How do the KSD's campare to these two?

2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I'm also curious to know. There was a review in Bass Player mag about it, but their reviews are pretty useless.

3. dabshire

dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
  4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That second thread had some good information. I think that I'll get down to Nashville and check one out.

5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Maybe one of these is what I need. I basically want a 'Lakland in Fender clothing.' A 35" fiver that looks like a Jazz but has wide spacing. Now I just need a MM in the bridge and a good preamp. Woo hoo. :bassist:

6. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    tell the guys at rock block i said hello. check out the ther stores while ur there. corner music. offer to buy jd a beer and just listen to him go! he has forgotten more about bass than most have ever learned!

7. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    read my review in "users reviews" I love mine and think it it better than most other Jazzes including Fenders...