1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How does the MIM Player Series compare to the MIM Classic Series P Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vinnie Boombatz, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Vinnie Boombatz

Vinnie Boombatz Banned

May 26, 2010
    I've been away from the forum for a while, and had no idea about the MIM Player Series replaced the MIM Standards.

Was wondering how these new Player Series compare to the previous MIM Standards and the higher end MIM Classic series, particularly Precisions. I have a Classic 50's lacquer P and absolutely LOVE that bass, and have had a couple of the non-lacquer versions that were equally as good. Of course the Classic 50's has a wider nut and a lacquer finish, hardshell case, but what are the other differences? Neck tint? What pickups are in the Player Series? What's the neck profile like compared to the old Standard models?

Thanks!

2. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Neck profile .
    Slim Modern C vs bassball neck.

3. Vinnie Boombatz

Vinnie Boombatz Banned

May 26, 2010
    Which bass has a baseball neck? I'm guessing you're referring to the Classic 50's? I tqouldnt call it a baseball bat. Sure, the nut width is wide, but from to back it's pretty low volume.

4. I have a 2015 MIM standard and just tried a new Player for the first time yesterday. The neck did not feel good to me. Seemed chunkier, so I'm also curious about this. I couldn't tell a difference in sound as I didn't have the MIM with me. New colors are beautiful, though.