How does the Nordstrand NP4A P pickup compare to the EMG Geezer Butler and DiMarzio Model P?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by NoiseNinja, Apr 16, 2021.

1. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    I am intrigued by the Nordstrand NP4A P pikcup, and ponder on perhaps at some point acquiring one, so I would like to know how it compares to respectively the EMG Geezer Butler and the DiMarzio Model P, as those are the two P pickups I have most first hand experience with?

I like the aggressiveness, punch and fullness of the Model P, but prefer the bite, clarity, dynamic sensitivity and articulation of the Geezer, could the Nordstrand possibly give me the best of 2 worlds?

2. markanini

markanini

Jun 25, 2008
    I would expect the NP4A to be brighter than the Model P, and less growly than the GZR.

NoiseNinja likes this.
  3. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I've never used the GZR, but the NP4a is not at all similar to the Model P. It's much more of a traditional voiced P sound, but with slightly accentuated midrange for a bit more of a modern vibe. It's hard to explain. But it'll be lower output and much cleaner sounding than the super aggressive voicing on the Model P.

NoiseNinja likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021