Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how does this rig sound

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Mar 13, 2003.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'm trading for my friend's SWR Goliath Senior soon and I figured I'd update all my stuff. Hows does the following setup sound for an 8 space rig. Nady UHF-10 Wireless, into Sabine RT-7000 tuner, into a Tech 21 Sansamp RBI, Rocktron Hush Super C Noice Reducer, into SWR 750x Professional head, all plugged into a Furman RP-8 power conditioner, illuminated by a Pro Audio Rack Light. Well? Keep in mind I'm playing pop-punk/indie rock type music.

~Patrick

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Would probably sound pretty good...

I don't have a lot of experience with Goliath Srs but felt that they were a little low end shy. I seem to recall another thread and others offered the same opinion.

I would think that a 6x10 would bury a 4x10 in the low end dept....but apparently not.

Nice rig...make sure you use good cables!

3. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    you could always get a powerconditioner, and a racklight in one thing, save yourself a space

4. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    True, but both would cost me just as much as a power conditioner with a light. Plus the light I want to get just looks freaking awesome. Check it out in Musicians Friend.

~Patrick

5. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Is it the light that comes in red, green, orange, and all those other colors?

6. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'm getting the one in chameleon, that changes all the colors and crap.

~Patrick

7. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    thats really cool, i have a 10 space rack that will probaly be half empty once i have everything i need in it, maybe ill get one of those:D