1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How does your bass sound & feel

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ac100X, Apr 11, 2003.

1. ac100X

ac100X

Apr 6, 2003
    California
    I'll start off with the Gibson EB-2, Hollow body bass, I have a 1966 model. I personally bought this bass with the help of my mother and my lawn cutting job in 1968 (I guess it sat around at Sherman & Clay SF. for two years). It sounds very, very, very BOOMY. It's the only bass I have that can blow 300 watt 15 inch Gauss speakers. All of the sound is low, somewhat undefined, no treble, but woody. Short scale 30-1/2", simple bridge, not very adjustable, but I'm glad I didn't sell it. It's nice when I'm in the right mood. You must own other basses and use the EB-2 when you want that type of sound. This is a bass you can feel.

2. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I knwo what ya mean about the Gibson. I ahve played some of those early 70's gibson/epiphones and its just like, BOOM,BOOM,THUD! I really like their tone for some stuff actaully.
    My main axe is a Spector NS2000Q5 and it has a very slick and fast feel to it with a very comfy body for sitting or standing. The sound is versatile- it goes from a boomy low end, to growly, stiff mids, to crisp popping highs. I'll have a spector in my arsenal till the day I die! :)