Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How does your bass sound & feel

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ac100X, Apr 11, 2003.

1. ac100X

ac100X

Apr 6, 2003
    California
    I'll start off with the Gibson EB-2, Hollow body bass, I have a 1966 model. I personally bought this bass with the help of my mother and my lawn cutting job in 1968 (I guess it sat around at Sherman & Clay SF. for two years). It sounds very, very, very BOOMY. It's the only bass I have that can blow 300 watt 15 inch Gauss speakers. All of the sound is low, somewhat undefined, no treble, but woody. Short scale 30-1/2", simple bridge, not very adjustable, but I'm glad I didn't sell it. It's nice when I'm in the right mood. You must own other basses and use the EB-2 when you want that type of sound. This is a bass you can feel.

2. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I knwo what ya mean about the Gibson. I ahve played some of those early 70's gibson/epiphones and its just like, BOOM,BOOM,THUD! I really like their tone for some stuff actaully.
    My main axe is a Spector NS2000Q5 and it has a very slick and fast feel to it with a very comfy body for sitting or standing. The sound is versatile- it goes from a boomy low end, to growly, stiff mids, to crisp popping highs. I'll have a spector in my arsenal till the day I die! :)