Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how dose fieldy from korn get that sound?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by itsmell, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itsmell

itsmell

Feb 10, 2005
    just wondering how dose fieldy from korn get that interesting sound in his new cd?

2. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    *grabs popcorn*

This is gonna be good.

3. oh, that's easy. He's running through a brand new "Craptastic Sound" rig (were they at NAMM?? :D ), most knobs are labeled "suck" or "crap" and they're all turned to 11.

:ninja:

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    detuned bass, LOTS of treble LOTS of lows ZERO mids.

Welcome to TalkBass! most folks around here tend to poke fun at the guy... try not to take it personal. It's been like that a long time.

5. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Yeah...most people around here will talk sh*t about how lame he is. I have to give the guy credit for coming up with his own style. You never mistake him for someone else. Not a lot of bassists can do manage that. I'm not really into his band though. His whole gang-banger vibe rubs me the wrong way. Just not my cup o tea.

6. being fairly new to Talkbass, i havent heard that much negativity towards Fieldy, yet...im kinda curious to why he is hated here...feel free to explain...

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    He is successful, but he doesn't practice. He doesn't even care about the instrument, really. It's just what he does. Most of here make it a passion of our lives, and we devote a lot of time to it. There are some really talented players that go very un-appreciated. This is usually what makes us not like him.

8. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    *Pause, looking back to the old days* When I knew him, in the L.A.P.D. days, he had a totally different sound. He used to use GK back then and he used to actually fiddle with his tone. Now adays I think he is to into the "bling" to care. That's it! He wants his bass to sound like his ice man, glass and shine.

9. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    hehe, this should get interesting soon, surprised it hasn't yet!

Ray

10. Hey guys, since this thread has been answered, and to prevent from any further bashing, I'm shutting this down. Thanks for playing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.