Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How far would you drive...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    How far would you be willing to drive to see the last show of a band you really like alot?

2. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    MA
    For my fav all the way across the country or even over seas.

3. Guarenteed last show? To the end of the earth. If John Bonham came back to life and was only going to be undead for one show with Led Zeppelin, and that show was on an iceberg in the artic sea, I'd be the first in line for a ticket.

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'd walk 500 miles

5. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    MA
    lol

If Hendrix were to rise back from the ashes and join up with the Dead for some epic length songs and jam and was being played in some remote location such as an iceburg, ill be the first one there.

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Am I guarunteed a ticket? Or am I gonna get to crap-hole village in kenya just to find out it is sold out?

7. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Boston or NYC.

Both great places to see a show.

Bands and band guys/gals, don't stop eating, living, breathing, procreating and paying bills unless they are dead. So the pros will be back, in one form or another, to Beantown or the City. Or they fade.
    And detail cars.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Jeez, some of my favorite bands play right here in town and I still don't get off my colegiate butt to go see them.

9. And I wood walk 500 more

10. I would load up my full size dodge van with some friends and go on an epic road trip while on the way to see the last show of our favorite band.

11. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Hey, I love travel, so if a band I liked were playing overseas, it would just make a great excuse to travel.

On a side note, being a huge Harry Connick, Jr. fan, many years ago I drove to Hollywood for a concert, 3 hour show, got backstage, hopped in the car, drove back to SF for the concert the next day. That was sweet.

12. I admire your dedication if you would drive overseas to see your favorite band! :)

13. :D Yeh, i just had to renew the rego on my hovercraft last week :D

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Maybe an hour.....60 miles or so. I guess I'm just not devoted enough to any musicians to go to great lengths to see them.

-Mike

15. 3 feet 4 5/8 inches

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

You could all wait and just buy the Concert DVD of their last show.

17. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too

18. This happened to me when i was about 14 or 15. my favourite band was "the boo radleys" a grea british group. i live in St. Catharines, ontario (right beside Niagara Falls) and they were playing in detroit. i wanted to go, and my sister was willing to drive there, but my mother wouldn't let us. a year or two later the band broke up. it wasn't their last show, but it was the only show i ever heard of that was within any reasonable distance of where i live. i'm still bitter.

19. I would definitely drive cross-country if I could see AFI in concert. It's sucks so much to live on a tiny island.... :(

20. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You make this statement as if your car isn't fitted to cross an ocean. What kind of piece of junk are you driving?