Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how fighting G.A.S. ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Domokun, Feb 6, 2005.

1. i simply cannot fight the urge :rolleyes: ....
    any suggestions? :D

2. -or something bass-related. It helps to get your mind thinking of something else.

3. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Try a 12-step program. There is NO known cure for GAS; only spiritual help can put it in remission.

4. What the hell does G.A.S. mean? i've never figured it out. Also how do you really pronounce Pedulla? I've gotta know.

5. stamman5

stamman5

Aug 10, 2004
    Boston
    G.A.S.= Gear Acquisition Syndrome is what I heard.

Pedulla= Peh-DOO-la I'm not as sure on this one.

6. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Method books or videos.

I've been thinking about this too, I'd really like to find a used Roscoe SKB3006 or Peavey Cirrus-6 to have as a backup, but my daughters deserve a nice piano. I've bought some cool Bass Method books to study out of. This has helped me resist trips to ebay.

Best wishes, -Art

7. I agree wholeheartedly. My equipment I use right now is more than enough, and the only thing that really NEEDS improvement is my playing, but my problem is that I have the money, no other expenses, and a slew of gear (mainly effects) I'd love to experiment with? Is that bad?

8. it´s no use :rolleyes:
    i think a strait jacket is the only way ^^

9. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Stop hangin' out with other musicians... we make it easy because we all understand.

10. shirojiro

shirojiro

Jan 24, 2001
    San Francisco
    I think the old saw is: "Less E-bay, more Mel Bay..."

11. Easy, just be broke all the time ...

12. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I don't want to be a bad influence, but if I had the money and no other expenses, I'd probably be shopping for another bass or amp! :D

It never really stops!!!

-Art

13. Haha, that's a good one. :p

14. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    This would be correct in both cases. :)

15. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I just decided to build what I GAS for... :)

16. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    If I only knew how to, my friend...! I'm always 2K$ short of my GAS! It's the story of my life. I figure out it would at least be calmed a little after my last big acquisition a couple of weeks ago, but I got no relief at all, nothing... just this stupid trembling fingers that can't stop fiddling around every on-line shop on the web!!!! Poor me, my pocket and my marriage!!!! I'm a living example of how GAS ruins lives!!!!

ANDRUCA

17. Cut all ties to the 'net: ebay, talkbass, email, all the on-line stores. That'll clear up about 99% of it. :)

18. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    Yea, being broke as a joke is pretty much the only way I go without buy lots of new stuff all the time. When I get money, it seems to always go towards music stuff though. I mean, I did just put the last of my gas money into a down payment to order a bassball pedal at my local shop... I didn't need to drive anywhere anyways...

19. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    One word:

Sublimate.