How good are the new Fenders 18V pre amps?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funky Tune, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    I think buy a new Fender American Deluxe Rosewood,they have a 18V pre amp and my question is how good this pre amps are? i love this bass,i can,t wait for take mine in my hands and play it for hours........ :hyper: the rosewood one is best than the maple one? please help me,i love Fenders but i don,t know nothing to the new ones, :cool:
  2. rosewood vs maple... well it's all relative isn't it? One is not "better" than the other, they are just different.

IMO, the 18V preamps kick ass. By far the best sounding new-ish bass out there for the price. The only consideration is that they pump out a LOT of signal level. It's highly likely to overload devices that are not designed to handle it. I use a lot of pedals, and some of them just wouldn't cope with such a hot output.

My next bass purchase will be an ash P-bass deluxe in translucent red with maple fretboard.
  3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    nice man,thanks,i go for Jazz Rosewood :hyper:
  4. I love the Fender pre's, now they just have to perfect their five string basses!!!!
  5. primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    They're really good! Worth it for sure!

If I ever buy another American Deluxe it will be a Deluxe J 4, maple board, amber with tortoise pickguard, just to match my P bass :D
  6. bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    as of the re-design in 2004....they have. ;) Or as perfect as Fender will ever get with a 5 string.
  7. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    anyone here have info about the Fender instruments in NAMM convention? they show a new basses or upgraded basses? :confused: